Where Do You Lift A Ls460?

I have a 2008 LS460. When I get an oil change the garage lifts the car right below the door sill with the floor lift. The left front point just below the driver's side door is starting to bend inwards. I am afraid the weld points will split.

The Owner's Manual show the front and rear points to lift the car but with a picture of a hydralic floor jack. Can these points be used with the floor lift at a mechanic? Thanks

I have a 2008 LS460. When I get an oil change the garage lifts the car right below the door sill with the floor lift. The left front point just below the driver's side door is starting to bend inwards. I am afraid the weld points will split.

The Owner's Manual show the front and rear points to lift the car but with a picture of a hydralic floor jack. Can these points be used with the floor lift at a mechanic? Thanks

I hear you, the proper lift points, the ones in the book, aren't readily identifiable, and most garages just put the pads 'somewhere' and go from there....ain't their car.

I use a rolling floor jack in the garage and made a hardwood block with a 1/4" slot to sit on the jack's pad and straddle that seam. I can see where a careless garage could bend that seam one way or the other and make using the trunk jack problematic.

Whit

Which garage are you using, a Lexus dealer? This should not happen, and as Whitbaby suggests they should use an adapter on their lift to fit the slots - too lazy I guess. There are two floor jack hard points as indicated in your manual, one just forward of the oil pan, the other next to the differential. If they continue to bend the reinforced seams, you will not be able to use them safely in an emergency, like changing a flat tire. And, corrosion will set in making this area prone to destructive rust, not visible to the eye.

If you observe on the far left in the image linked below, the floor jack is positioned on the hard point, just forward of the oil pan.

Oil_Draining_1.pdf

Which garage are you using, a Lexus dealer? This should not happen, and as Whitbaby suggests they should use an adapter on their lift to fit the slots - too lazy I guess. There are two floor jack hard points as indicated in your manual, one just forward of the oil pan, the other next to the differential. If they continue to bend the reinforced seams, you will not be able to use them safely in an emergency, like changing a flat tire. And, corrosion will set in making this area prone to destructive rust, not visible to the eye.

If you observe on the far left in the image linked below, the floor jack is positioned on the hard point, just forward of the oil pan.

Thank you Whitster and Burnaby. My local garage just puts the floor jack under the seam. Do you think I can bend it back out?

Do you think I can bend it back out?

That's some pretty stout gauge metal in there, you might be able to bend it back out with some visegrips.

If it was a dealer that's been doing this, I'd make them fix it. Just show them how their carelessness will no longer allow you to use the trunk jack as intended.

Good luck.

Whit

• Like 1

• 12 years later...

The Lexus dealer in Baton Rouge LA lifts (or did lift) my 460 and bent all 4 lift points to where I could not use the Lexus supplied jack to change a tire. I made them straighten them as much as possible but still not good. It is a shame that a dealership will damage a car by improper lifting. There are times when I need a dealer but will not go back to this dealer unless and until they can lift my car without damage. 

By reading the above posts, its just so wrong, the points are identifiable if someone just lie down on the floor and see it, moreover its just seems that there is missing common sense

Change the garage, ask recommendations you will get a good response from this community