Planning To Buy Used Rx400h

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a used RX400h with 46k miles on it. Want to know if there is anything I need to aware of. I am buying this from a seller (non dealer). Also is the warranty transferrable? Should I take it to dealer to get warrany transferred. Lastly is there anything I need to watch out as I will be paying close to 27k for this vehicle.

Thanks

Raj

i would want service records, make sure the 30k more expensive service was done, dont buy the car with the goodyear eagle tires, ask for money to replace them with michelins at least if there are goodyears on the car. just a thot, but with the new model coming out there are great values on new ones at the dealer, full warranty of course, better gps screen, 0 miles, just a smile for your down payment (:o

i would want service records, make sure the 30k more expensive service was done, dont buy the car with the goodyear eagle tires, ask for money to replace them with michelins at least if there are goodyears on the car. just a thot, but with the new model coming out there are great values on new ones at the dealer, full warranty of course, better gps screen, 0 miles, just a smile for your down payment (:o

Thanks for the information. Is the warranty transferrable? Also what would be average MPG to expect. I am trying to decide between BMWX5 and Rx400h. I understand we cant compare MPG between both but I am getting a BMW 2005 with 32k miles for 23k.

Thanks

-Raj

What year is the RX400h?

If it's an 06 it is worth around 22-23k with those miles.

The warranty follows the car NOT the owner.

Thanks for the info. It is 2006. I plan to buy it tomorrow. Any last minute checks I need to be concerned about. This is my first Hybrid and I am not sure what to look for in the display panel.

Thanks

Raj

also the 2006 had a voluntary recall on the steering, ask if they were notified and if it has been taken in for that service., if not you might call a dealer and ask how that is handled with the second owner. you might expect 25 to 27 mpg in the summer and lower in the winter, the battery is not as efficient in cold weather, perhaps 20 to 23 mpg in a cold chicago winter. also depends on how well you choose to drive in a hybrid style. and if you take short trips 5 miles or less at a time rather than longer, your mileage will suffer. i would ask if the car had a garage or was kept outside, it makes a difference in the quality of the finish, check the aluminum wheels for nicks and gouges, its easy to do with these low profile tires. Over the long term the lexus will cost you less in maintenance than the bmw i would think, others may correct me on that. make sure you get an owners manuel, altho it is online and a service schedule, there was also a 300 page entertainment manual in addition. get as many keys as you can. the car came with two full function keys, one valet key and an emergency wallet size key in a plastic credit card. the full function keys(black with the buttons) are expensive to replace, or duplicate if you need to so it would be nice to get two of those.

If you have the VIN # the Lexus service has a record of all service and recall info that was done on the car. It'll give you an idea of how the car was cared for. The owner also had the option of entering service done independently, too. I know some things were by area. Mine had the Data Dots installed along with sturdier brackets on the HID lights because they were being stolen in the East.