Es300 P/s Pump Parts Question

Hi-

I'm in the process of replacing power steering pump and pressure tubes for my ES300. Without going into too much detail, the body is 1996, but the engine seems to be <=1994 (PS powered Hydraulic cooling Fan motor vs. electric version from '95 on).

The parts/connections have mostly seized, so we've resorted to cutting the tubes in order to deal with fewer bolts in removal. It's been all too long of a process and we've done our part of greenhouse emissions from the amount of liquid wrench and WD-40 we've used.

Included in seized parts is the ECU part that connects to the power steering pump and determines the speed/pressure of the pump to push the hydraulic motor cooling fan faster or slower. It's a cylindrical housing that screws straight into the PS Pump. So far we haven't been able to remove it from the old pump, so we're trying to find a new one.

Does anyone know that part number? I can't find it in the parts list.

Likewise, on the pressure tube going from the pump to the gear, their is a small cylindrical piece with two hose outlets. These hoses plug into the carburetor (I think). That piece has been stripped/deformed and needs to be replaced.

Does anyone know that part number? It is shown in the parts list as part of the pressure hose, but not available individually or with the new pressure hose.

Thanks for your time and help. I'm already sick of cars entirely after the frustration of this project.

Cheers-

Hi-

I'm in the process of replacing power steering pump and pressure tubes for my ES300. Without going into too much detail, the body is 1996, but the engine seems to be <=1994 (PS powered Hydraulic cooling Fan motor vs. electric version from '95 on).

The parts/connections have mostly seized, so we've resorted to cutting the tubes in order to deal with fewer bolts in removal. It's been all too long of a process and we've done our part of greenhouse emissions from the amount of liquid wrench and WD-40 we've used.

Included in seized parts is the ECU part that connects to the power steering pump and determines the speed/pressure of the pump to push the hydraulic motor cooling fan faster or slower. It's a cylindrical housing that screws straight into the PS Pump. So far we haven't been able to remove it from the old pump, so we're trying to find a new one.

Does anyone know that part number? I can't find it in the parts list.

Likewise, on the pressure tube going from the pump to the gear, their is a small cylindrical piece with two hose outlets. These hoses plug into the carburetor (I think). That piece has been stripped/deformed and needs to be replaced.

Does anyone know that part number? It is shown in the parts list as part of the pressure hose, but not available individually or with the new pressure hose.

Thanks for your time and help. I'm already sick of cars entirely after the frustration of this project.

Cheers-

where do you get the part numbers from, is there a parts list available on the internet somewhere.....any help is a appreciated.

Capn

I downloaded the 93/97 Factory service manuals from this forum. Within that compressed file is a .pdf that is labeled 'gen 3 camry parts list' or something like that. Those parts are basically the same between lexus/camry.

That thread is pinned/red icon at the top of the first page.

Cheers