Engine Won't Start

aka

It happened this morning. When I turned the ignition to turn on the electric, it seemed fine as usual. But when I tried to start the engine, it all dies down suddenly. I took out the key and turned the ignition again, it was the same. In 3rd time, it gave me nothing. No electric at all. Even the auto door lock didn’t work. Do I need to replace some fuse? Or other such as starter? Electrical? The starter even won’t crank, no response.

had this problem had to shake thos battery terminals and put a screwdriver into the plug to get a good contact and only then i was able to start the car. if you have all the lights on with the ignition on but when u try to crank the engine it dies then it definetly the bad contact.

It happened this morning. When I turned the ignition to turn on the electric, it seemed fine as usual. But when I tried to start the engine, it all dies down suddenly. I took out the key and turned the ignition again, it was the same. In 3rd time, it gave me nothing. No electric at all. Even the auto door lock didn’t work. Do I need to replace some fuse? Or other such as starter? Electrical? The starter even won’t crank, no response.

Why don't you just buy a battery from Walmart or Sears, and Install it. That should do the trick.

Thank you guys for your advise. Because the starter was not cranked, I didn't think that it's battery. But thinking about the battery, it had been cranking longer than usual to start the engine for the last few weeks. I'll just buy a new battery.

Something else you should do. Think of it as preventive maintenance.

Each day you drive your car to work, home, etc, make sure to drive for a minimum of 20 minutes. This way your alternator will have finished charging your battery, and your battery will last longer than before.

I do. It is not very good for your car to drive it short distances. The engine needs to get up to temperature to burn off moisture from condensation. I usually start my car and wait until it comes off high idle before leaving.

Sorry,

Cut myself off there (above)

What I also meant to say agrees Denny. If you drive 5-6 miles ONE WAY before stopping / shutting off engine then you have burned off the condensation. Anything less than 4 miles one way probably won't do it.

• 5 weeks later...

my car's power went dead while i'm driving. I had the battery checked at Pepboys and appeared to be fine. So i figure it's the alternator been giving me problems, and i had it replaced right away at Pepboys.

since then, signs of check engine, check radiator, check battery... etc been ramdomly appear on the instrument dash board. Few days later, the same thing happened to me again. Fortunately, the cop was kind enough to give me a jump and have the cop followed me home just in case the car's power went off again. And i made it home without any incident.

The next morning, i start the car without any problem. what puzzle me is that since both battery and alternator wasn't cause of the problem, what would it be?

Is it possible that some electronic devices have been draining the power away. That's my thought, cause i have a portable Ipod charging within the car at all time while i am driving.

I'm thinking Pepboys didn't reset your computer. If you have a combination wrench set at home, I would suggest removing the negative terminal off the battery. Leave it unhooked for two minutes, and then reconnect it. That will reset your electronics on your car. Be advised, you're going to have to reprogram your clock and radio stations, since it's doing it for the entire system.

If you don't have the wrenches, there is another way. PM me if you want to try that out.