250 To 350 Swap

HI

Lets start this topic so we can collect necessary information over 250 to 350 engine swap.

Reason for this topic is that because european lexus does not import is350 model at all, only 250 and is-f. And price difference between those models are huge.

I think it is possible to just take lexus 350l engine from let say RX, ES or GS and put that in to IS250.

Just if somebody has any info surrounding this please share it to me.

-Pekka

This all really depends on the dollars. We were looking at the 4.3 liter V8 Tundra motors to swap in the IS350's. But it's just not looking very good at all. A friend of mine just down the street did a twin turbo 4.3 liter in a Supra and even the costs on that were well over 60k . To many ECU's have to talk to each other and the costs are just outrageous right now. The 250 to 350 swap, you would be way better off just selling the 250 and buying a used 350 and shipping it over. Anything can be done with enouph money. But with these cars, it's better to go the path of least resistance.

This all really depends on the dollars. We were looking at the 4.3 liter V8 Tundra motors to swap in the IS350's. But it's just not looking very good at all. A friend of mine just down the street did a twin turbo 4.3 liter in a Supra and even the costs on that were well over 60k . To many ECU's have to talk to each other and the costs are just outrageous right now. The 250 to 350 swap, you would be way better off just selling the 250 and buying a used 350 and shipping it over. Anything can be done with enouph money. But with these cars, it's better to go the path of least resistance.

That's my point. I think it is relatevly cheap to purchase used 350 engine from some dealer, and just throw it in car. I guess tranny is same, and propably ECU does not any changes at all. I know that toyota ECU is capable to manage relatevly big changes at engine. I currently has supra TT with 2jz-gte and that ECU easely at least manage big boost changes. SO difference with bigger engine is bigger air flow etc..

My real intrest is also that O2 sensor model what is at is350 copared to is250. It might be just same sensors in place. Possible injectos are different also. So after all it might be also true that whole ecu need to put from is350 also.

Does somebody know tranny model at is250 and is350. Ans if diff has diffenet ratio.

-Pekka

That's my point. I think it is relatevly cheap to purchase used 350 engine from some dealer, and just throw it in car. I guess tranny is same, and propably ECU does not any changes at all. I know that toyota ECU is capable to manage relatevly big changes at engine. I currently has supra TT with 2jz-gte and that ECU easely at least manage big boost changes. SO difference with bigger engine is bigger air flow etc..

My real intrest is also that O2 sensor model what is at is350 copared to is250. It might be just same sensors in place. Possible injectos are different also. So after all it might be also true that whole ecu need to put from is350 also.

Does somebody know tranny model at is250 and is350. Ans if diff has diffenet ratio.

-Pekka

I don't think you understood my post.

-Pekka

I don't think you understood my post.

Well, yes i understand, but buying IS350 is not option. This car is not at sale in europe. And you cannot bring that car to europe but only with couple spacial cases. So engine swap in europe is possible and still make car street legal.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, yes i understand, but buying IS350 is not option. This car is not at sale in europe. And you cannot bring that car to europe but only with couple spacial cases. So engine swap in europe is possible and still make car street legal.

We have a TOMS Supercharged IS350 in the UK. It was imported from Japan so the steering wheel is on the right side. Certainly cheaper than buying a used 350 engine and doing a swap.

A used IS-F is coming down in price too, you can pick up one with around 11,000 miles on it for around £40K now (for you Americans, yes really $58,360.00 for a used IS-F in the UK :blink: )