Nav Dvd Upgrade For Sc430

• 2 months later...

• 4 months later...

I found a "new" DVD on EBAY. I won the auction for less than half the dealer price. Unfortunately, new is a relative thing. While the DVD was listed as an Oct-2003 release, I have found several streets in my area that were certainly in existence at that time, but which are not on this DVD. It is an improvement over the 2000 version that came with my 2002 SC430, but is still missing a lot of pavement. Lexus needs to get with the program and allow 3rd parties to sell updated DVD's for these systems directly to consumers, and more often than the current process. The DVD can be installed in 30 seconds. The software is produced by a 3rd party already. There is no excuse for Lexus to force us to buy updates from the dealer for $500 - other than an unseemly desire to extract as much cash as possible from the pockets of owners.

My 2002 SC430 has the original navigation DVD which does not show a large number of streets in my area. The dealer wants $500 for the new DVD. Is there any cheaper way to get this? The car is still under warranty and I am the original owner. Thanks for any help.

i have an 2001 rx300 with navigation. is there only one navigation system dvd that works with all lexus models? did the "new" dvd purchased on ebay work correctly? thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
My 2002 SC430 has the original navigation DVD which does not show a large number of streets in my area. The dealer wants $500 for the new DVD. Is there any cheaper way to get this? The car is still under warranty and I am the original owner. Thanks for any help.

:rolleyes: I also have a 2002 SC430 that is badly in need of a nav update - - but I get mixed reports about the 02 year and updates -- most state that LEXUS PT219-GEN23-08 is the update - but some add a warning that it is not recommended for the 2002 ?!!!

I sure would like to get a disk at a reasonable price since the dealers charge in excess of $250 - - heck my Garmin NUVI is more modern and more accurate - but I want to use the build in NAV as long as it's in the car.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated - PMquickclick@gmail.com = FASTFINGER

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes: I also have a 2002 SC430 that is badly in need of a nav update - - but I get mixed reports about the 02 year and updates -- most state that LEXUS PT219-GEN23-08 is the update - but some add a warning that it is not recommended for the 2002 ?!!!

I sure would like to get a disk at a reasonable price since the dealers charge in excess of $250 - - heck my Garmin NUVI is more modern and more accurate - but I want to use the build in NAV as long as it's in the car.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated - PMquickclick@gmail.com = FASTFINGER

FYI - I just got an email from my Lexus dealer saying the MSRP is $199 until the end of June for V8.1.