Headlights Issue

Hello All,

I am a new owner of a 06 GS 300 AWD, I have a small issue with my passenger headlight. It sometimes flicks on and off,

Any suggestions on what this could be....

:(

how about trying to secure the connector to the head bulb, it may be just loose

if you got less than 50k miles on it, then just take it in. The warranty is still in effect.

It may be the balast or ground.

steviej

I have also been recently experiencing the same issue with my driver-side headlight. It seems to flicker as I am driving and it has even turned off several times. It's been turning-off quite frequently in the last few days. Maybe I need to replace the headlight bulb to correct the problem? Any suggestions to this issue? I'm sure the dealer will give me some outrageous quote for the issue.... I have just exceeded 50K, which is absolutely terrible. :(

Hello All,

I am a new owner of a 06 GS 300 AWD, I have a small issue with my passenger headlight. It sometimes flicks on and off,

Any suggestions on what this could be....

:(

Hello, just recently after hitting 118k miles on 06 gs 300 rwd -- with afs, i started experiencing the same flickering, as well as both hid's shuting off all together, until i use the switch to turn them back on - sometimes takes several times to come back on.

I have read about the TSB that is supposed to be out there, but I don't see it.

One solution that seems pretty evident is that the switch maybe faulty in our cars. I have noticed that when I put it on auto (light switch to auto), I hardly get that flicker or hid's shutting off, I am assuming thus that the short lies somewhere in the switch itself.

I had the DRL's shut off around 20k miles, just an fyi.

Regarding replacing bulbs, I found this on a website:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1q0wl-...t-2006-lexus-gs

How do I replace headlight in a 2006 lexus gs 300, and what is the name of the replacement bulb

REMOVAL

HINT:

Use the same procedures for the RH side and LH side.

The procedures listed below are for the LH side.

DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL CAUTION: Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.

REMOVE COOL AIR INTAKE DUCT SEAL

REMOVE ENGINE ROOM SIDE COVER

REMOVE NO. 1 HEADLIGHT BACK COVER

REMOVE HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLIGHT BULB

INSTALLATION

HINT:

Use the same procedures for the RH side and LH side.

The procedures listed below are for the LH side.

INSTALL HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLIGHT BULB.

INSTALL HEADLIGHT NO. 1 BACK COVER

INSTALL ENGINE ROOM SIDE COVER

INSTALL COOL AIR INTAKE DUCT SEAL

CONNECT CABLE TO NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL

PERFORM INITIALIZATION

Perform initialization. NOTE: Certain systems need to be initialized after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal.

Hope that helps and please let me know if someone finds an answer to this issue regarding the short / hid light flicker.