Can The Navigation System In The 2002 Gs 300 Play Movies.

Hi everyone, I just got a 2002 gs300 and loving it. I'll post pics when I fix the camera on my iPhone. You guys have been so helpful in picking and knowing what to look for. My problem is that I have mark levinson navigation system and when I put the map disk it gives me the unable to read error. I've read all things to do to fix that so I'll do that another time. But mainly the thing is on reading about this model it's says it plays DVD on the screen. My question is can it really play DVD movies.

Hi everyone, I just got a 2002 gs300 and loving it. I'll post pics when I fix the camera on my iPhone. You guys have been so helpful in picking and knowing what to look for. My problem is that I have mark levinson navigation system and when I put the map disk it gives me the unable to read error. I've read all things to do to fix that so I'll do that another time. But mainly the thing is on reading about this model it's says it plays DVD on the screen. My question is can it really play DVD movies.

no, the factory units will not play dvds. not until 2006 i think? least not without a aftermarket dvd player....

so your having nav problems? nething like mine....

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...-direction.html

are you getting this error....like in my pic?

post-62320-1237216471_thumb.jpg

Maybe, I will do my homework on this one :cheers:

Yes, It can play movie dvds with a factory 2008 gx470 glovebox 6 cd dvd player. It is same size as the 2002 cd player fits in same place in the glovebox as the factory 2002 6 cd player. I have one with the wiring harness. Here is a pic of the nav playing a movie.

post-1634-1237291876_thumb.jpg

Yes, It can play movie dvds with a factory 2008 gx470 glovebox 6 cd dvd player. It is same size as the 2002 cd player fits in same place in the glovebox as the factory 2002 6 cd player. I have one with the wiring harness. Here is a pic of the nav playing a movie.

thats really freakin cool... but i do think OP meant like can he play them off the one he had without adding nething...but im interested. how much you wanting for the 2008 gx470 glove 6 cd/dvd player? i assume would be plug and play into that gen 4 unit i will be getting from you also? will it ALSO fit my 2001 in oem place in glovebox?? would dvd's play from the touch screen (by touching it to play) or would it require a remote?

no, the factory units will not play dvds. not until 2006 i think? least not without a aftermarket dvd player....

so your having nav problems? nething like mine....

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...-direction.html

are you getting this error....like in my pic?

Thanks for the reply. My screen is giving me "unable to read data check if map dvd is correct." When I remove the disk it shows that the disk is out and when I put back in it acts like its trying to read it but that error comes back. I used a cd cleaner to see if that would fix it. I havent tried unpluging the battery yet though. The disk has alittle scratches. Is the disk that sensitive?

Thats nice. How much?

Thanks for the reply. My screen is giving me "unable to read data check if map dvd is correct." When I remove the disk it shows that the disk is out and when I put back in it acts like its trying to read it but that error comes back. I used a cd cleaner to see if that would fix it. I havent tried unpluging the battery yet though. The disk has alittle scratches. Is the disk that sensitive?

welcome...hmmm...thats a odd one...mine came from the nav ecu frying out. which disc are you using? i might have a spare i can send you...

Dcfish.... need some info

im interested. how much for a package price for both the gen 4 unit and the 2008 gx470 glove 6 cd/dvd player or how much for the dvd player seperate as i will doing the nav first for sure? i assume would be plug and play into that gen 4 unit i will be getting from you also? will it ALSO fit in my 2001 in oem place in glovebox?? would dvd's play from the touch screen (by touching it to play) or would it require a remote?

welcome...hmmm...thats a odd one...mine came from the nav ecu frying out. which disc are you using? i might have a spare i can send you...

Dcfish.... need some info

im interested. how much for a package price for both the gen 4 unit and the 2008 gx470 glove 6 cd/dvd player or how much for the dvd player seperate as i will doing the nav first for sure? i assume would be plug and play into that gen 4 unit i will be getting from you also? will it ALSO fit in my 2001 in oem place in glovebox?? would dvd's play from the touch screen (by touching it to play) or would it require a remote?

I have to check which one and I'll get back to you. Thanks. how much would you want for the disk?

Hey whats up dude.. I had the same problem what I did is I disconnected the power cord from the ecu in the trunk, waited a few minutes and reconnected, I guess it just needed the navi's computer to reset.. It came right on.. Your also suppose to leave the DVD in there.... Good Luck dude..