Removing Hard Water Spots

slicclex

I've had major water spots on all my side windows and I need some suggestions on how to remove them. I've already tried using the white vinegar technique and that removed some of it. Next I am going to try coca cola, CLR, and razor blade to remove the spots.

Any other solutions that might work?

I've had major water spots on all my side windows and I need some suggestions on how to remove them. I've already tried using the white vinegar technique and that removed some of it. Next I am going to try coca cola, CLR, and razor blade to remove the spots.

Any other solutions that might work?

NOVUS makes a very good three step process for cleaning Lexan and other plastic surfaces. I've used it on my airplane windshield and side windows. I've also used it on faded headlight lenses and glass. Go to any NOVUS windshield repair shop and they'll have exactly what you need.

NOVUS makes a very good three step process for cleaning Lexan and other plastic surfaces. I've used it on my airplane windshield and side windows. I've also used it on faded headlight lenses and glass. Go to any NOVUS windshield repair shop and they'll have exactly what you need.

Thanks, I'll be sure to ask them about the product soon Image3.gif

Well, I tried both the coke and CLR technique today. The coke didn't clear anything up, just made the windows smell good. CLR cleared everything up and left black residue on the paper towel while I was drying them up. All the white spots are gone but there is still clear spots that are etched in permanently like jchrome said.

I'll probably try that product JEnunnez suggested and call it day if it still doesn't clear up.

Reason why I'm trying to get them super clean is because I am planning to get my windows tinted within a week or two smile.gif

Gentlemen ... I have been detailing cars for about 30 years ..... I think I know the definitive solution.

Try Zaino "PC Fusion" .... just look up ZAINO.COM ... you will find it. If you live closer to Los Angeles, please try LAZAINO.COM ..... ask to speak to Ira, who is a Zaino guru ..... and while you are at it, PLEASE make sure to buy the correct towels that you will need (from LAZAINO) ... IT MATTERS. Just ask Ira and he will explain it to you ...... I thought to buy the towels they suggest was just hype and another way to extract $$$ from me ... BUT IT IS NOT. They are trying to help you get the results you truly seek, and the towels are HOW to do it ...... it is like baking a cake; you do not have to use sugar, but the cake will suck if you do not use it .... anyways ... Ira actually makes the towels, and they are not expensive ..... it will make sense when you try one ... I promise.

The other thing I would use possibly, would be 3M rubbing compound that is suitable for machine use.

With either of these products, I would use a Porter Cable 7424 buffer .... you will not damage anything with it. You can see short video clips on how to use it at AUTOGEEK.COM

I would suggest that you use either Zaino or the 3M product with an ORANGE pad on your Porter Cable machine.

PC Fusion is a miracle in a bottle, in my opinion .... you can take off bad over-spray and even take the haze off of headlight bezels FAST .... and the whole time you will never scratch your paint ... it is totally safe .....

Here is another secret .... if you choose to buy a Porter Cable 7424, you can get one that comes with a longer, heaver electric cable installed ... but a 7424 with this modification are hard to locate. I think you might have to call the guys at Autogeek to get one ... I think they charge about $25 more for this ... but it is worth it, as you really do need the longer cable ..... Autogeek is where I bought mine ... as well as my pads.

If these ideas do not work, I would really like to know. Seriously. If you live close enough to me, I would even like to attempt to solve this problem personally if it came right down to it (no charge) ..... ( i live about 3 hours north of Los Angeles) ... I have detailed cars all these years, yet I still love a challenge and I try to keep myself open to always be in "learning mode" ...... but as far as water deposits .... I have fought with them for ever here where I live ..... so that is how I know what to do about it ...... Yes ... even on glass ... these ideas will still work perfectly for you ...

I hope this helps you .... truly ..... please update your progress ... I would love to hear about it ....

Best regards ...

Rick

Gentlemen ... I have been detailing cars for about 30 years ..... I think I know the definitive solution.

Try Zaino "PC Fusion" .... just look up ZAINO.COM ... you will find it. If you live closer to Los Angeles, please try LAZAINO.COM ..... ask to speak to Ira, who is a Zaino guru ..... and while you are at it, PLEASE make sure to the the correct towels you will need. IT MATTERS. Just ask Ira and he will explain it to you ...... I thought it was just hype and another way to extract $$$ from me ... BUT IT IS NOT. They are trying to help you get the results you truly seek, and the towels are HOW to do it ...... it is like baking a cake; you do not have to use sugar, but the cake will suck if you do not use it .... anyways ... Ira actually makes the towels, and they are not expensive ..... it will make sense when you try one ... I promise.

The other thing I would use possibly, would be 3M rubbing compound that is suitable for machine use.

With either of these products, I would use a Porter Cable 7424 buffer .... you will not damage anything with it. You can see short video clips on how to use it at AUTOGEEK.COM

I would suggest that you use either Zaino or the 3M product with an ORANGE pad on your Porter Cable machine.

PC Fusion is a miracle in a bottle, in my opinion .... you can take off bad over-spray and even take the haze off of headlight bezels FAST .... and the whole time you will never scratch your paint ... it is totally safe .....

Here is another secret .... if you choose to buy a Porter Cable 7424, you can get one that comes with a longer, heaver electric cable installed ... but a 7424 with this modification are hard to locate. I think you might have to call the guys at Autogeek to get one ... I think they charge about $25 more for this ... but it is worth it, as you really do need the longer cable ..... Autogeek is where I bought mine ... as well as my pads.

If these ideas do not work, I would really like to know. Seriously. If you live close enough to me, I would even like to attempt to solve this problem personally if it came right down to it (no charge) ..... ( i live about 3 hours north of Los Angeles) ... I have detailed cars all these years, yet I still love a challenge and I try to keep myself open to always be in "learning mode" ...... but as far as water deposits .... I have fought with them for ever here where I live ..... so that is how I know what to do about it ...... Yes ... even on glass ... these ideas will still work perfectly for you ...

I hope this helps you .... truly ..... please update your progress ... I would love to hear about it ....

Best regards ...

Rick

...Mirrorfinishman is that you?? :huh:

Oh dude... tint is applied on the inside of the windows..

and the business will clean the windows properly before application...

(IF that's why you're trying to clean the windows so good, it's not uncommon for people to think tint is applied on the exterior)

Try Zaino "PC Fusion" .... just look up ZAINO.COM ... you will find it. If you live closer to Los Angeles, please try LAZAINO.COM ..... ask to speak to Ira, who is a Zaino guru ..... and while you are at it, PLEASE make sure to the the correct towels you will need. IT MATTERS. Just ask Ira and he will explain it to you ...... I thought it was just hype and another way to extract $$$ from me ... BUT IT IS NOT. They are trying to help you get the results you truly seek, and the towels are HOW to do it ...... it is like baking a cake; you do not have to use sugar, but the cake will suck if you do not use it .... anyways ... Ira actually makes the towels, and they are not expensive ..... it will make sense when you try one ... I promise.

Best regards ...

Rick

...Mirrorfinishman is that you?? :huh:

Mirrofinishman? No ... sorry ... not me (but that sure is a clever name!)

Oh dude... tint is applied on the inside of the windows..

and the business will clean the windows properly before application...

(IF that's why you're trying to clean the windows so good, it's not uncommon for people to think tint is applied on the exterior)

Yea I already knew they apply the tint inside the interior. I'm just prepping the outside windows so the spots are less or not noticeable when the tint is applied.