1995 Ls400 Seat Heater Not Working

JimK

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with my problem. I have a 1995 ls400 with heated seats. The little seat heater light buttons come on when I press them, but no heat on my backside. Any ideas? Both passenger and driver seats don't heat up. I would love to fix them for those achy back long trips.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

New Orleans

1995 LS400

126,000 mi.

Jim,

Had the same problem with my 95 - the elements just die after a while.

The dealer wanted over $1000 for new elements (2 for each seat) and there Do-it-yourseldf instructions somewhere on this site if you want to take your seats apart..

I decided this was WAY too much so I found some aftermarket seat heaters on the web... here are some links:

www.checkcorp.com

www.rostra.com

www.seatcomfort.com

If you call these manufacturers - they should be able to point you to a local installer.

I had mine done for $227 per seat (Total incliding the heater and labor)

Hope that helps!

Mike

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with my problem. I have a 1995 ls400 with heated seats. The little seat heater light buttons come on when I press them, but no heat on my backside. Any ideas? Both passenger and driver seats don't heat up. I would love to fix them for those achy back long trips.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

New Orleans

1995 LS400

126,000 mi.

I have a 97 and my heaters don't work either.

I don't think that the elements are bad, since all 4 don't work. My guess is that it's my memory control module. This is the metal box under the driver's seat. This module controls seat memory and probably seat heaters as well(just my guess, based on wiring down there).

Insidently, my seat memory doesn't work as well. That's why I think that it's the module's fault.

Jimmy, does your seat memory work?

There are thermostats in the seat for overheating. I am thinking they may be the biggest trouble we all have.

I recently replaced all the wiring and relays to my heaters and tehy got better but it usually takes a while.

I am thinking the thermostatic metal in the modlue has become dirty and not creating a good flow of current. I plan one day to take apart the module to see if i can repair it and get my seats to be consistently hot.

I love when they do get hot but it is usually only on a long highway drive. I am also thinking it may be involved with the alternator not producing a full 14.4 volts all the time as mine sometimes does.

Rice,

Is it just your seat memory that isn't working or are all memory functions like mirrors, steering column, etc. inop also? Could be something else causing your seat memory problem.

The entire memory function is not working. I am hoping that by replasing the memory module I will solve both, the memory and the heater problems.

Of course, with my luck, I will install the module and nothing will change :wacko:

:lol: also what you can is to do heat your pants in the dryer or oven to warm your buns, or place those hot packs on the seats!

I could also warm those seats with a blow torch. But that wouldn't be a very smart thing to do, now would it... :rolleyes:

Jim,

Had the same problem with my 95 - the elements just die after a while.

The dealer wanted over $1000 for new elements (2 for each seat) and there are Do-it-yourself instructions somewhere on this site if you want to take your seats apart..

I decided this was WAY too much so I found some aftermarket seat heaters on the web... here are some links:

www.checkcorp.com

www.rostra.com

www.seatcomfort.com

If you call these manufacturers - they should be able to point you to a local installer.

I had mine done for $227 per seat (Total incliding the heater and labor)

Hope that helps!

Mike

Im telling you all... for ~$450 these aftermarket ones work better than the OEM ones did....