Sc400 Do You Think It Will Be Considered A Classic?

B) I have a 1992 sc 400 like many of you folks here. I have been little by little drawn into restoring this car, just 'cause I like it so much! I think it is one of those cars that will be one day considered a classic because it is just a great looking, high performing, breakthrough in design vehicle. Do you think I am looking at the future through gold colored glasses (the color of my car is gold). Or do you agree with me.

To tell the truth, I really don't care one way or another 'cause I am going to do it anyway.

I'll start taking pictures, I have not so far. I've already had the interior front and back seats recovered, I bought the covers from leatherseats.com (thanks to this forum). Looks great!!! I've replaced my dimmed out mirror, replaced the drivers side interior panel. Next week it is the window trim, glove box, shifter, ebrake covers. There is some other things I will replace but this is a really great start, the rest I will continue to do little by little!

I also found a certified master mechanic by Lexus who works freelance. I want to make sure the cars stays mechanically sound so I had him go over the car from one end to the other. He says I need to get struts and boots, (which I knew) O2 sensors (my check engine light is on) also saw a code on the mass air flow. He also says I need engine mounts and wants to replace the transmission mount, I am getting a second opinion on this one. I took the car to a Lexus dealership about three months ago, and they did not mention I needed engine mounts.

Once I get the inside done I'll work on the body, clean or replace the headlights (I've seen how on this forum), replace the driver's side hinges, get the car painted (same color).

I see you joined in 2003, Where have you been ? If I may ask.

There is some special something about this car besides the beauty of it. like with women though that's a helluva good start. i could see a kid 30 years down the road lusting after one in a parking lot. it factor is high.

Not really a big "poster." If I have something to post about or am doing I'll do it, but as you can see for the most part I am quiet. I bought my car in '93, and joined the forum right away. The car was in decent shape when I bought it and I really have not done much to it, other than the usual maintenance. The years have taken their toll, I now have parking lot dings, and dents, need a paint job, doors have pulled the hinges down and the interior of the car needs work. I was at the "Y" in the road - time to sell the car or restore it! I took me a while to decide to restore it. Guess I felt the need to share that news with folks who would understand why I would want to do that!

Not really a big "poster." If I have something to post about or am doing I'll do it, but as you can see for the most part I am quiet. I bought my car in '93, and joined the forum right away. The car was in decent shape when I bought it and I really have not done much to it, other than the usual maintenance. The years have taken their toll, I now have parking lot dings, and dents, need a paint job, doors have pulled the hinges down and the interior of the car needs work. I was at the "Y" in the road - time to sell the car or restore it! I took me a while to decide to restore it. Guess I felt the need to share that news with folks who would understand why I would want to do that!

Makes total sense B) Thank You. I am looking forward to the posts on the progress of the SC. :cheers:

There is no doubt about it. This car holds its on up against any car out there today. My first car back in 1971 was a 1969 GTO. The GTO (GOAT) is still a classic and this SC400 is the next best thing to me. It is very similiar to the goat. I am new to this Lexus SC400 world and so very glad that I stumbled on to this car.