Meguiar's No 20.

Anyone that has used Meguiar's No. 20 polymer sealant, what was your experience like with it? How good was its protection ability, and how long did it last?

I've got about a third of a bottle of the stuff here, and was thinking of giving it a try.

I've not used it but know several people who do. Its a good product, has some cleaning properties so it can't really be layered like other polymer sealants. The best thing about it is all the Meguiars line is interchangeable so with a sealant like Klasse or Zaino you would have to strip the oils from polishing before applying the sealant, with the #20 you dont have to do that. Its fairly durable.

Meguiars is coming out with a new Polymer Sealant in Feb. called "NXT Tech Wax" that should be fantastic...

Sounds good, I'll be applying it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Also, since you said Meguiar's products are interchangeable I was thinking of topping the No. 20 with the Meguiar's paste wax I have. Good idea?

Thanks, SW.

Meg #20 is not a cleaner/wax. It has been around for more than 15 years, and is still one of the best products they make. It is quite durable, easy to use and provides a very nice shine. Due to the level of solvent in #20 it cannot be layered (it simply removes itself). However, you can apply #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax over #20 for a great look.

db

• 2 weeks later...