Motors On Ebay

Tommy_B

i was checking out ebay to see if they had anything cool up there. and i came across motors up there for about $750 from Japan and they say they only have 30,000-45,000 miles on them.. have you guys heard anything about them?

most any type of motor coming from japan has low mileage because of the rediculous laws on the emisions and restrictions on the age of vehicle and mileage you can have there...no joke. Honda, nissan, Toyota motors can be had easily from Japan with low miles.

M

most any type of motor coming from japan has low mileage because of the rediculous laws on the emisions and restrictions on the age of vehicle and mileage you can have there...no joke. Honda, nissan, Toyota motors can be had easily from Japan with low miles.

M

oh yeah thanks for letting me know.. so do you think its a good deal then?

M

i actually have never bought an item off e-bay, or overseas for that matter <_< make sure the engine harnesses match, or can be switched, cause most engines from japan have a different design/setup than what we have here(i know the Lexus/Celsior is made in Japan, but there is a different design spec for each country as far as the egr setup and harness is concerned) are you buying another motor to modify? or are you needing to replace yours?

as far as the price goes, good deal - and the 4.0 toyota V8's are pretty much bulletproof...and if it doesnt run, use the guarantee if they have one, if not, you have spare pistons, rods, and cams to pick from ;)

good luck!

i was checking out ebay to see if they had anything cool up there. and i came across motors up there for about $750 from Japan and they say they only have 30,000-45,000 miles on them.. have you guys heard anything about them?

Before I closed my shop, I used Japan engines from http://ericjapanautoengines.com/ most of which had to be modified for US standards. But they were all good engines. and worked well.

M

i actually have never bought an item off e-bay, or overseas for that matter <_< make sure the engine harnesses match, or can be switched, cause most engines from japan have a different design/setup than what we have here(i know the Lexus/Celsior is made in Japan, but there is a different design spec for each country as far as the egr setup and harness is concerned) are you buying another motor to modify? or are you needing to replace yours?

as far as the price goes, good deal - and the 4.0 toyota V8's are pretty much bulletproof...and if it doesnt run, use the guarantee if they have one, if not, you have spare pistons, rods, and cams to pick from ;)

good luck!

i was jsut looking around because my motor has 320 on it, so i figured that i would just look around just in case. how would i know if the harnesses match?

im looking maybe to buy one of these motors soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...A1%7C240%3A1318

does it sound like a good deal to you guys?

these engines come as a long block, that is a short block and heads, all your external parts will need to be added on, top and bottom.

post-5365-1237158186_thumb.jpg

im looking maybe to buy one of these motors soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...A1%7C240%3A1318

does it sound like a good deal to you guys?

if you buy one of these engines, the VERY first thing you check is ALL bolt/sparkplug holes for good clean threads. good luck, hope you know what you are in for. cheers, bp