Car Wash Alot Of Swirl Marks And Long Scratches

Ok, So i went to a car wash, it was one that you drive through. I then come home, and I dont know if they were there already, but I have alot of swirl marks and long, but not deep scratches. I have been trying to read about how to detail your car, but nothing about what to do in my situation. I checked the dealers website, they have a 120 dollar detailing and hand car wash special. My question is do surface scratches, and swirls ever come out? If so would any one recommend the dealer or an autodetailing shop instead? I bought some Mcguires Clay kit, and applied it, but that didnt help at all, I also tried the wax from Mcguire and that didnt help. Im not professional detailer, and am more or less just interested in ES350 owners experience with swirl marks and how to get rid of them.

Thanks

Brandon

The swirls and scratches will need to be machine polished out. The car can be brought back to perfect condition, don't worry about it.

You can do it yourself but its going to require investment in tools and equipment, or you can pay a professional to do it. Make sure to get references, there are more bad detailers out there than good ones.

You will always eventually get wash marks in your clear coat.

With the extent of which you describe yours to be in, I agree that it needs to be machine polished.

Also make sure the product you, or someone else uses, is NOT just a filler product that will only hide the damage.

You will always eventually get wash marks in your clear coat.

I disagree, in part. If you are washing carefully you can keep them to the point where the paint never really needs to be polished out.

There will be marks.. maybe nothing extreme but there will eventually always be marks.

But I agree there would be no need to buff it out again.

Just maintain it! B)

Ok, So i went to a car wash, it was one that you drive through. I then come home, and I dont know if they were there already, but I have alot of swirl marks and long, but not deep scratches. I have been trying to read about how to detail your car, but nothing about what to do in my situation. I checked the dealers website, they have a 120 dollar detailing and hand car wash special. My question is do surface scratches, and swirls ever come out? If so would any one recommend the dealer or an autodetailing shop instead? I bought some Mcguires Clay kit, and applied it, but that didnt help at all, I also tried the wax from Mcguire and that didnt help. Im not professional detailer, and am more or less just interested in ES350 owners experience with swirl marks and how to get rid of them.

Thanks

Brandon

1st off i read the 1st 15 words and stopped........ you have a lexus and you went trough a drive through wash.. are you nutz the only people that really use those washes are 4x4 trucks ....and guess what there covered in rock and mud ..and then that rock and mud get scratched all over you nice lexus at about 80rpm by a huge brush. use liquid wax to fill the scuffs and really work it in you will need like 4-5 coats depending on how bad the scuffs are.

Brandon,

You're not going to get a proper "detail" from a dealership in most cases. They are typically the lowest paid and least trained employees at the shop. And for $120, you're not going to get proper polishing. Dealership detailers create a lot of business for us pro detailers...they mess it up, and we properly fix it.

Pay to have a professional detailer level your finish and bring it back to showroom condition, and then learn proper washing and drying techniques to maintain it as best as possible. A good detailer will help educate you on this process as part of their services.

I know a top-notch pro detailer up in your area if you'd like a referral. Just PM me...

Todd

1st off i read the 1st 15 words and stopped........ you have a lexus and you went trough a drive through wash.. are you nutz the only people that really use those washes are 4x4 trucks ....and guess what there covered in rock and mud ..and then that rock and mud get scratched all over you nice lexus at about 80rpm by a huge brush. use liquid wax to fill the scuffs and really work it in you will need like 4-5 coats depending on how bad the scuffs are.

Believe me...thats not true. Many people use automatic carwashes with all types of vehicles, and most of them are brushless meaning they use cloth.

Now I'm not saying automatic carwashes aren't bad...they are...but they aren't as you describe.

take a look over at AUTOGEEK.COM .... they have a few little videos that can show you how to take care of this if you want to do it yourself ....

also ... there is a tool called a soap gun that you might find interesting for future washing of your car ...... I have seen one used once .... looks like a very low risk way to do a wash .... the next trick would be to simply use the correct wash mitt or sponge .. or what ever it is you use .... as long as it is very clean and soft, I would think it should work quite well for you ....

ughhhhhh .... use an automated car wash? Well ..... as for me .... I will pass. I always do a hand wash on my car .... but then I am the guy on the block who everyone thinks is a little crazy cuz of how much I DO wash my cars and detail them .....

anyways .... hope my 2 cents worth is of help ...