Subwoofer Cover Removal 02 Es300?

xvipx

I need to fix the rattle coming from my Mark Levinson subwoofer in my 02 es300. I can't get the stupid cover off that covers the sub inside the car. It is stuck in the 4 corners and i've heard about possible clips. Can anyone tell me how to get it off or if i have to go the trunk route?

I need to fix the rattle coming from my Mark Levinson subwoofer in my 02 es300. I can't get the stupid cover off that covers the sub inside the car. It is stuck in the 4 corners and i've heard about possible clips. Can anyone tell me how to get it off or if i have to go the trunk route?

ACTUALLY, YOU HAVE TO PULL THE ENTIRE BACK SEAT OUT. My ex blew the speaker and had to pull the back seat out to get to it because the nav system blocks it from the trunk and the cover is attached to the support board, it doesnt come off from the top. I did not watch him but with the repair time it is a weekend job. I had to drive around w no back seat for a day to let the glue dry. Im not sure if you have to disconnect the 3rd break and slide the whole rear deck forward and over where the seat should be. I remember it for some reason cause the seat belts run through the deck. Sorry, I cant help more.

If you are lucky like I was. It is just the glue dry rotting and disconnecting from the metal frame. Or it could be the fabric that surrounds the speaker that has ripped. he used automotive glue to repair it since it can take the heat from the rear mount and is flexible. i havent had any problems in about 9 months. The sub farted just like it was blown and it was only the glue. However, all my other speakers have paper rattles now. It is only certian songs so maybe the speakers just cant handle certian frequencies. It seems to be stuff like old skool...lynard skynard, CCR, etc stuff with lots of mids. the lady that had the car never adjusted the equalizer or pushed the speakers....and it was from AZ...dry rotted glue!

Thanks for the help. I just need to know how to get the back seat off now. If someone has pictures please let me know. I'm wondering if i should buy a haynes repair manual on ebay to do this. Its about 20 bux.

ACTUALLY, YOU HAVE TO PULL THE ENTIRE BACK SEAT OUT. My ex blew the speaker and had to pull the back seat out to get to it because the nav system blocks it from the trunk and the cover is attached to the support board, it doesnt come off from the top. I did not watch him but with the repair time it is a weekend job. I had to drive around w no back seat for a day to let the glue dry. Im not sure if you have to disconnect the 3rd break and slide the whole rear deck forward and over where the seat should be. I remember it for some reason cause the seat belts run through the deck. Sorry, I cant help more.

If you are lucky like I was. It is just the glue dry rotting and disconnecting from the metal frame. Or it could be the fabric that surrounds the speaker that has ripped. he used automotive glue to repair it since it can take the heat from the rear mount and is flexible. i havent had any problems in about 9 months. The sub farted just like it was blown and it was only the glue. However, all my other speakers have paper rattles now. It is only certian songs so maybe the speakers just cant handle certian frequencies. It seems to be stuff like old skool...lynard skynard, CCR, etc stuff with lots of mids. the lady that had the car never adjusted the equalizer or pushed the speakers....and it was from AZ...dry rotted glue!

• 2 weeks later...

its simple the seats click into place. there are levers that you can push behind the head rests. i think....id have to look to be positive. but you push the buttons to release it and manuver it off. the bottom seat doesnt have levers it just pops out with a stong tug....

The bottom seats to just click into place but the top seat does not have a lever of any kind. I think the Camry has that. If anyone could tell me how to remove the top back portion of the rear seat I would really appreciate it so I can get to the sub.

its simple the seats click into place. there are levers that you can push behind the head rests. i think....id have to look to be positive. but you push the buttons to release it and manuver it off. the bottom seat doesnt have levers it just pops out with a stong tug....