Any One Seafoam Your Rx330?

Running Ox

Did anybody do that before? Seafoam is supposed to burn the carbon which build up in engine and clean fuel system. I wonder if this strong stuff could hurt any part or sensor? I don't want my check engine light on after I have done that. And also any suggested thing I need to work after seafoaming, like change oil, filter? Thanks for your replies.

I ran Seafoam through the intake (definitely not in the oil) on my '99 RX300 (114K miles) with no problems. It ran nice and clean after I burned off all the initial smoke. I ran Seafoam through our 1995 ES300 (135K) intake and all hell broke loose... it loosened up what ever crud was sealing up the engine and it smoked profusely from there on.

After that, I read on the bottle it said it's not for engines over 100K miles (whoops). Overall, it does a great job of cleaning up the engine... put I think it's pretty rough on the engine. Again, if you use it, I would recommend only using it for the intake (you suck it up through the brake booster hose) and not in the oil.

Did you change spark plugs after you ran seafoam through the intake?

I ran Seafoam through the intake (definitely not in the oil) on my '99 RX300 (114K miles) with no problems. It ran nice and clean after I burned off all the initial smoke. I ran Seafoam through our 1995 ES300 (135K) intake and all hell broke loose... it loosened up what ever crud was sealing up the engine and it smoked profusely from there on.

After that, I read on the bottle it said it's not for engines over 100K miles (whoops). Overall, it does a great job of cleaning up the engine... put I think it's pretty rough on the engine. Again, if you use it, I would recommend only using it for the intake (you suck it up through the brake booster hose) and not in the oil.

Search is your friend.

I've used seafoam on numerous vehicles that have the same engine as your RX300. It's not as harsh as most people actually think it is. I usually add half the bottle into the oil and the other half sucked in through the pcv or brake booster lines. If your engine has problems already... its not a mechanic in a bottle so don't expect any miracles. There is no need to change your sparkplugs unless they're due to be changed. If you already have a sludge issue its not going to do much help either. If you don't know if you have a sludge issue pull your Valve Cover Gasket and take a look. I suggested pouring doing a seafoam treatment about 100 miles before your next oil change. Although I usually do a seafoam treatment, go for some spirited driving and change my oil and filter a few minutes later. You might as well clean your your throttle body whiles your at it.

• 5 weeks later...

I have used Seafoam in both my fuel system, air intake and oil. I bought three bottles from Wal-Mart, their $5 a bottle, rather than $10 a bottle at Pep Boys. I ran one bottle in the gas, and others before I would agree the seafoam in the oil and run your car for about 100 miles and it will clean up a lot of sludge deposits in your engine it did to my engine @ 85,000. Also, i bought a empty spray bottle to spray the Seafoam in the intake manifold and the vacuum tube to the IAC and the car is running as if it was a new one.