The 2010 Lexus Is Convertable

cliffypitbull

icky... not a fan =/

I really don't know how even the IS sedan is even doing as well as it is. Wouldn't be surprised if this IS-C does well too...

Hey another Lil Rhodey resident. I like the styling on this convertable but I just hope you can actually fit people in the back seats of this car unlike the SC 430 LOL. And 306 HP out of a V6 is nice.

icky... not a fan =/

I really don't know how even the IS sedan is even doing as well as it is. Wouldn't be surprised if this IS-C does well too...

Hey another Lil Rhodey resident. I like the styling on this convertable but I just hope you can actually fit people in the back seats of this car unlike the SC 430 LOL. And 306 HP out of a V6 is nice.

Haha, what part of RI? I'm in Smithfield...

icky... not a fan =/

Haha, what part of RI? I'm in Smithfield...

Western Coventry here. How long have you had your RX300 and how do you like it? I just got my car a few months ago and nothing like a drop top in the warm weather now that we are finally getting some warm weather LOL.

I've had my rx300 since June of 05. Parents bought it for me when i turned 16 (yes i'm just turning 20 lol). But i absolutely LOVE it! The AWD really pays off in the snow; as you know the snow here is horrid. But in the summer it would be nice if it turned into a convertible, but it doesn't.

My mom's got an AWD convertible but she never lets me drive it since it's a little more expensive lol... So i guess driving with the moonroof and windows open will have to do :( How does the SC handle in the snow?

I've had my rx300 since June of 05. Parents bought it for me when i turned 16 (yes i'm just turning 20 lol). But i absolutely LOVE it! The AWD really pays off in the snow; as you know the snow here is horrid. But in the summer it would be nice if it turned into a convertible, but it doesn't.

My mom's got an AWD convertible but she never lets me drive it since it's a little more expensive lol... So i guess driving with the moonroof and windows open will have to do :( How does the SC handle in the snow?

Now that is a sweet 16th B-day present LOL. What is your mom's AWD convertable the Audi? I have not driven my car in the snow so I don't know how it handles in the snow. I imagine my car is is not good in the snow because it is RWD with some good horsepower (300HP) and wide tires. It might do alright with light snow on the road but I think it would really suck in heavy snow.

Bentley is actually a subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group. What kind of Bentley does she have, a Continental or Azure? I've always wanted an Azure but I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one. That is awesome of your parents to buy you that for your birthday, I had to get my Lexus on my own, but I drive a better car than both my parents so it evens out.

Update: I just checked and the Volkswagen Group owns 99% of Audi as well so you were somewhat right... Wikipedia FTW!

I didn't know Bentley made a AWD model. You learn something new everyday. Amcdonal I think you are wrong because todays automatic trannys shift SOOOO smooth you don't feel them shifting and it is hard to beat them "off the line" because they shift so smooth and fast.

I didn't know Bentley made a AWD model. You learn something new everyday. Amcdonal I think you are wrong because todays automatic trannys shift SOOOO smooth you don't feel them shifting and it is hard to beat them "off the line" because they shift so smooth and fast.

It's not about acceleration--it's about the whole sports car deal. And also being in the right gear when you're powering through a curve, etc.

If they had a decent auto-manual, I guess it would be okay, provided manual shifts were quick and crisp, and putting the pedal to the metal did not automatically produce a downshift.

Then again, Lexuses are not meant to be sports cars. :(

If one is the type of person who absolutely needs a manual, they shouldn't buy a lexus- they should get a civic.

Lexus' such as the IS bring together luxury and sport. I really don't know what's luxurious about a manual to be honest... Honestly don't know how they're selling the IS-F as it is...

If one is the type of person who absolutely needs a manual, they shouldn't buy a lexus- they should get a civic.

Lexus' such as the IS bring together luxury and sport. I really don't know what's luxurious about a manual to be honest... Honestly don't know how they're selling the IS-F as it is...

There is nothing luxurious about a manual. That's why Lexus chooses not to offer them for the most part.

If one is the type of person who needs a manual, you're right, they should stay away from Lexus. They should go for Infiniti or BMW--you know, those brands that have successfully combined luxury and some sportiness??? :P

I just don't understand why Lexus can't make a car that can compete with the BMW 3 Series or the Infiniti G37. The IS 250/350 is TINY in the back, the ride is jittery, the engine is a grainy-feeling V6, etc. Toyota really dropped the ball on the IS, IMO.

There is nothing luxurious about a manual. That's why Lexus chooses not to offer them for the most part.

If one is the type of person who needs a manual, you're right, they should stay away from Lexus. They should go for Infiniti or BMW--you know, those brands that have successfully combined luxury and some sportiness??? :P

I just don't understand why Lexus can't make a car that can compete with the BMW 3 Series or the Infiniti G37. The IS 250/350 is TINY in the back, the ride is jittery, the engine is a grainy-feeling V6, etc. Toyota really dropped the ball on the IS, IMO.

Instead, i'd say that BMW has "almost" successfully combined sport with luxury. I don't find most BMW's luxurious. They're either cheaply made, or have cheap interior materials. To BMW, it's not important to have luxury, because the type of person who buys a BMW cares more about handling than the handling on the wood and leather steering wheel.

And for Lexus, they don't care about sportiness because the type of people who buy Lexus' care more about luxury than handling.

Lexus shouldn't combine the two... because they're going to get performance sport-enthusiasts complaining they're not fast enough...

I don't think car company's should mix sportiness with luxury, because they're opposites.

I guess to get back to my argument that I'd want the IS convertible to come with an optional manual transmission: aren't entry level upscale sedans aimed at younger people? Younger people tend to want some more excitement from their cars!

lol i don't even know what the IS was supposed to be aimed for. Younger people don't have any money, they shouldn't be dropping 30k on an IS <_< 30k

I don't know how Lexus justifies such a high price for such a small car... To me, the IS will always just seem like a glorified Corolla =/ Even if it's a little faster...

The IS is pretty sporty...have you guys driven one?

It can be had with a manual...

They are incredibly hard to find, as they only come in RWD. A salesman told me that you have to special order them.

It's "sporty," but nowhere near the competition. The steering is all kinds of messed up, and there are many threads about this issue in the IS 250/350 forum on here.