Installing Sirius Radio

We have a subscription to Sirius. Dealer wants $500 to install system and have it integrated with our radio and nav screen system. Is $500 too much. Would it be ok to find an outside audio tech to do the job or does it require Lexus technicians? Your input will be appreciated.

Larry

• 4 months later...

$500 is expensive but still cheap for what a dealer would charge for that sort of thing. You will be fine with an outside tech doing it. Just call Vais and im sure they can send you to a local vais dealer.

We have a subscription to Sirius. Dealer wants $500 to install system and have it integrated with our radio and nav screen system. Is $500 too much. Would it be ok to find an outside audio tech to do the job or does it require Lexus technicians? Your input will be appreciated.

Larry

Sorry to thread jack, but i have a question.

If you go to the dealer and have this thing installed for $500, do you need to pay any annual fee to hear the radio? If so, how much are the additional costs?

• 2 weeks later...

Larry

[/quot

After finding out the cost of having a kit installed, I ordered the an XM kit from eBay and installed it myself using the instruction manual provided online. It wasn't a cake walk, but it wasn't bad....just took a while to do. But the system works great & the effort was well worth not having to pay that kind of money. (I also have a Nav sys.).