Recall Notices

Just received my 3 recall notices in the mail today for my 2007 IS250 RWD. One is to replace the fuel delivery pipe(fuel rail), the 2nd is to relube/add grease to the slide pin seal area on the rear brakes and the 3rd is to replace the electric power steering link assembly. These repairs are being made under a "special service campaign". Just wanted to let the forum members know what might be coming down their way. Thanks for all the helpful information posted by the members.

The notice for the fuel rail is for IS250/350 2006 thru 2008.

The notice for the slide pin says it is for "certain" Lexus IS, does not specify any year or model.

The notice for the electric power steering link is for "certain" Lexus IS 2006 and 2007, does not specify which IS models.

Just received my 3 recall notices in the mail today for my 2007 IS250 RWD. One is to replace the fuel delivery pipe(fuel rail), the 2nd is to relube/add grease to the slide pin seal area on the rear brakes and the 3rd is to replace the electric power steering link assembly. These repairs are being made under a "special service campaign". Just wanted to let the forum members know what might be coming down their way. Thanks for all the helpful information posted by the members.

I got the same ones. Called the dealer and was in and out in 1 day.

I have had my 08 IS for over a year already and have not received any notices in the mail for any of the above recalls? Should I go to my dealer and ask them about it

I signed up for the Owner's section on the Lexus website just to see if anything was needed. It said that there are no recalls for my car. Seems like they fixed everything up for '08...right before the facelift.

I got the timing chain cover oil leak again on my car so I called to make an appointment. The rep told me that I had all three recalls on the car, but on the owners website it did not show up. So I suggest calling them to make sure.

Not looking foward to the oil leak fix, they have to take the engine out of the car. This will be the second time, if they do it, and not all things go back to the way they where. I found that they had left a few bolts lose and groments for the oxygen sensors not installed into their holes and a few other things I took care of myself. It will be going in next week.

Oh well at least it's free, can't imagine how much it would cost $$$$$.

Well, just got a call from the dealer, they are going to fix the oil leak but on the recalls there is a 3 month wait on parts. Seems that the parts are on backorder and they don't really know when they're getting them.

:(

To which do you refer?

I finally got my 07 is250 into the dealer yesterday for my 3 recall notices. My car required all 3 fixes. New fuel rails, fixed the rear brake boots and had a new steering rack installed along with a front alignment due to the install of the rack. Plus they filled up the tank with gas. The service write up for the rear brakes is for "excessive brake dust, replace rear brake dust boots both sides". Never had a problem with dust on the rear wheels but they said that dirt could get into the brake boots? Anyway with all that said and done the dealer cost was almost $2600 and they threw in a loaner car for the day. Glad it's not me having to pay for this. My is250 has been pretty solid up till now except for the front brake dust problem that was fixed and the front tires wearing on the inside edges that have been talked about in these forums before. I do want to commend my dealer for all the fine customer service they have provided me these past few years. I live in Santa Clara, California and the dealer is Stevens Creek Lexus. This is the first Lexus I have owned and the customer service from this dealer is way above any other dealer I have delt with over the years.

In regards to all 3 recalls mentioned by everyone above, we had ours done last weekend at Longo Lexus in El Monte, Ca. They have all the parts in stock and if there would have been a bill it ran just over $2200 which included wash, detail and full tank of gas, so try to take your car in with nearly empty tank. If you call your dealer and give him the VIN NUMBER, he can tell by that which recalls are for your car and they needed ours for a day and a half and they furnished free loan car.

AM LOOKING FOR SET OF STOCK 17" WHEELS LIKE CAME ON THE 4WD MODEL. I HAVE 18" CHROME WHEELS AND DO NOT LIKE THE APPEARANCE OF THE 18" OR THE RIDE.

Took the car in today and lo and behold they had all parts in stock and they are golng to do all recalls plus the the oil leak.

Good deal. I gotta call about mine next week. I like to give them a chance to learn on some other cars before I take mine in.

Do those issues affect the '08 model year as well?

Check your owner's link on the website.

I've been out of touch for a while, but belated thanks for the hint, Tex!

My owner's site claims no currently active service campaigns for my car. So, good news I guess.