What Did They Do?

I took my 2006 IS350 in for a flat tire. The service technician told me the tire could be repaired, but that they were going to have to keep my car over night as there were some "campaigns" that needed to be addressed. I don't recall what the issues were, but they did something that increased my gas mileage by about 100 miles per tank! I am now getting about 6-8 miles more per gallon. I though that maybe my gas gauge or odometer was out of calibration, but I checked it last week and the mileage was right on the money.

Does anybody know what they changed?

Thanks

Oh, thought it was a quiz for us, a riddle maybe? WHATEVER they did, let us know!!! Yeah, I could use another 6 to 8 mpg! Of course that would put me in the mid 30's, which is kind of unrealistic.

Do tell though!!!

Are you going off what the trip computer says?

I bet they disconnected the battery which reset the computer and gave you the extra range. As data gets stored the range will go down and down and down until its where it was...

Try living in California when they change gas blends from summer to winter. With the winter blend I get about 4 mpg worse than with the summer blend in my IS250 RWD. I am averaging (going by the computer) in the winter about 24mpg and the summer it's 27 or better.

No, I know exactly how many miles I drive to work everyday, and I know that I have to fill up every 6 days, it is now 7-8 days before I need to fill the tank.

Are you going off what the trip computer says?

I bet they disconnected the battery which reset the computer and gave you the extra range. As data gets stored the range will go down and down and down until its where it was...