Lexus Rx400h Fuel Display?

I currently have a 04' GX470 and recently purchased an 06' RX400h as well. Does anyone know if the RX400h has the option like the GX470's do that allow you to see how many miles you have left on a tank of gas? I went through the options in the manual but haven't seen anything. I automatically assume that it would but I'm still new to this model and I'm not sure.

Thanks,

BarryT

In the Garage:

04' Lexus GX 470 (White)

06' Lexus RX400h (White)

I currently have a 04' GX470 and recently purchased an 06' RX400h as well. Does anyone know if the RX400h has the option like the GX470's do that allow you to see how many miles you have left on a tank of gas? I went through the options in the manual but haven't seen anything.

'06-'09 no ... 2010 (available in just a few months) yes. All the mfd shows is how many miles you traveled on a tank, if you reset manually. The tiny yellow/orange idiot light comes on when nearing empty, and it seems like it turns on at about 1 gallon or less because we've gone as far as 25 miles max with the light on. Now days we've never gone more than 10 miles with it fuel light on, just to be safe.

Sadly, no.

The 400h is incredibly annoying and proactive in some respects (especially "safety" featues, or "maintainance required, please see your dealer and pay them too much"), but silent on the matter of running out of gas.

I have come dangerously close to running out of fuel several times - especially since in my seating position the steering wheel nicely covers the gas gauge. (Even my old Ford had a little beep when I started up if there was < 50mi. to go.)

The low fuel light will go on with about three gallons left in the tank if you are able to notice it right when it happens. Regarding miles to empty, toyota was worried that too many people would run the tank low enough to run out of gas in the 400h. If that happens you only have three times to start it before the system shuts down to protect the main battery, then its a tow to the dealer to reset it.

• 4 weeks later...

I just received my 2008 RX400h after turning in my 2007 ES350 both of which are/were fully loaded. There are many options I had in the ES that are not available in my RX including the gas gauge. I can honestly say I am unhappy with the RX and I am so glad I only leased for a year. I will order another ES in August.