My Radio Wont Work Help Please

One has to assume that you mean that when you turn the radio on, the LCD panel doesn't light up with the station information, and that no sound comes from the speakers.

Start with the fuses. One will be marked radio. Change it with a known good one. If that doesn't solve your problem, you'll have to pull the unit from the dash and test its wiring harnesses for proper hookup. If that doesn't fix the problem, while you have the dash apart, remove the radio for repair, swapping with a used one from a wrecking yard, or take it to your Lexus dealer for their exchange program. You give them your old radio and some money, they give you a newly refurbished unit to put back into your car.

Here's hoping its a fuse! Good Luck!

One has to assume that you mean that when you turn the radio on, the LCD panel doesn't light up with the station information, and that no sound comes from the speakers.

Start with the fuses. One will be marked radio. Change it with a known good one. If that doesn't solve your problem, you'll have to pull the unit from the dash and test its wiring harnesses for proper hookup. If that doesn't fix the problem, while you have the dash apart, remove the radio for repair, swapping with a used one from a wrecking yard, or take it to your Lexus dealer for their exchange program. You give them your old radio and some money, they give you a newly refurbished unit to put back into your car.

Here's hoping its a fuse! Good Luck!

i tried the fuses and all that with my brother and they kept on blowing up...we think that its the amp but we are not really sure...thanks for the comment!

LEXUS,

If the fuses keep blowing, then you have an electrical short. I would pull the radio and check its wiring harnesses to see if any of them have been pinched or if they have been chafed and have been shorting across to the case of the radio, or any metal bracing in the dash. If that is not the case, testing the harness back to the fuse block with a multi tester will discover any shorts, if there are any. If that doesn't find your short, it has to be inside the radio case itself, indicating that its radio replacement time. Good Luck!