Replacing 94 Ls400 Tail Light

LS400inNC

How do I replace one of the tail lights? It's not one of the bulbs that is inside the lifting portion of the trunk, but rather on the corner of the vehicle. I pulled on the housing and it pops out, but seems to be secured by something else towards the front of this housing. Just purchased this vehicle and don't know how to replace these bulbs. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

To get to the corner tail lights, you have to pull back the carpeting and covers. There are a few carpet holding snap-ons. Find them before trying to rip off the covering The light housing is secure with 6 screws, but if I remember, once you remove the trunk coverings. you should be able to access the lights without removing the housing. If not, go a head and remove the housing. there is a quick access to the bulbs.

Hi , I just did this on my 93. You have to remove the black/grey side panel cover thats held in place with black plastic push in holders. It's best to remove these with a door panel tool that's forked on the end. After you have the side panel out of you way, you'll see two phillips screws on the quarter panel side that have to be removed. This will make the quarter panel side of the light housing free. On the tail side, there is two white nylon looking fasteners that snaps in place to hold the housing two the back of the car. You'll have to use a flat head screw driver or something like that to push in the locking tabs on these two nylon/plastic? fasteners. Once you have the two pastic fasteners unlocked, just pull on the tail lite and it should pull away from the car. You have an extra few inches of wiring folded up behind the housing to give you some play room for removing the lamp sockets. Your tail/brake light should be a 1157 bulb if I remember correctly. Hope this helps