Need A New Smartkey?

I saw the post from annah, and since I just picked up my first Lexus this past weekend without a backup, did a little research.

Found a couple vendors on ebay selling Smartkeys (averaged shipped $85 with cut keys), but one stood out. They'll send folks OEM remotes with uncut keys. Good for back up, and the best news is that they are under $100 shipped. FYI, you do not need the physical key for the backup if you don't intend to use it in an emergency situation. However, with these guys sending an uncut one, you can get it cut at a Locksmith.

FYI, I called Nally Lexus and here is what they said: New Retail=$335 Wholesale (from a buddy)=$268 Programming=about $40-50

I just ordered mine, and maybe I'll be able to take it to the dealership and play the card of, "I just bought it used and it's not working any longer", since it is still under warranty?? We'll see.

Edited by SKperformance
removed ebay link

I saw the post from annah, and since I just picked up my first Lexus this past weekend without a backup, did a little research.

Found a couple vendors on ebay selling Smartkeys (averaged shipped $85 with cut keys), but one stood out. They'll send folks OEM remotes with uncut keys. Good for back up, and the best news is that they are under $100 shipped. FYI, you do not need the physical key for the backup if you don't intend to use it in an emergency situation. However, with these guys sending an uncut one, you can get it cut at a Locksmith.

FYI, I called Nally Lexus and here is what they said: New Retail=$335 Wholesale (from a buddy)=$268 Programming=about $40-50

I just ordered mine, and maybe I'll be able to take it to the dealership and play the card of, "I just bought it used and it's not working any longer", since it is still under warranty?? We'll see.

Thanks, that's valuable information

• 3 weeks later...