Changed The Plugs Today!

rabidus

I changed the spark plugs on my SC300 today, it was alot easier than I thought it would be... I had to remove the throttle body, I didn't have any extra screws laying around :D and the car starts and runs much better, I don't think they've ever been changed... I changed the manual transmission and rearend fluid the other day, made a mess with that... I bought a little pump to pump the fluid in and it just didn't pump very well, got it all filled up though... The gears feel alot better... I have to change the brake fluid now, first time flushing the system, I think I'll test it out on my Civic(no ABS) first and see how it goes... I bought a brake bleeder from Sears so I could do it by myself without having to pump the brake pedal... I have changed a few calipers before but never flushed the whole system...

mktbully,

Just checked out the website to speedbeeders...

SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME PRODUCT!!  I WILL GIVE IT A TRY  :D

with this i'm actually happy to do brake bleeds. if you get their bag kit all you do is hook up the line to the bleeder..loosen the bleeder to open it...and start pumping the brake pedal. the bag looks like an hospital IV bag w/ the tube.

there's a one way check ball in there to prevent air from getting in.

match it up with some ATE blue fluid and you'll be done flushing your system in no time.

rabidus,

Maybe you did this already,

I got my biggest pop for the buck by changing the distributor cap and rotor. I was suprised at how bad they looked after 25k miles.

Remember to price them at both the Lexus dealer and the Toyota dealer, remember, the 2jz-ge is the same in the Supra n/a and the sc300. (paid $18.91 for both @ yota).

This really change was felt immediately from 3000 to redline.

Guys,

On that plug change...

My LS takes 16MM. Have you found any trouble/hindrance of the extension pulling OFF the plug and thus causing frustration to get the socket out of the "well"?

Just wondering if a dedicated/permanently attached extension would prevent such a thing <_<

Guys,

On that plug change...

My LS takes 16MM. Have you found any trouble/hindrance of the extension pulling OFF the plug and thus causing frustration to get the socket out of the "well"?

Just wondering if a dedicated/permanently attached extension would prevent such a thing <_<

I have Craftmen extentions that lock the socket on it like the ratchet ratchet does... You have to slide a little switch to put on and release the socket... Perfect for spark plugs...

Interesting,

I've got a complete set of Craftsmen tools....

But the extensions just have square end with NO Switch.. are these a NEW item?

Also, Just a DEEP WELL (16MM-for me) will work with any plug? I'm used to a "dedicated Spark PLug socket" which has a little rubber gasket inside to "HOLD" the plug as you lower it into position.

Sounds like I need to make sure the Plug won't fall out, huh? <_<

What's ATE BLUE FLUID.....?

http://www.raceshopper.com/ate_brake_fluid.shtml

excellent brake fluid. it's blue...so when you flush the system out you can tell when the blue fluid kicks in and the old stuff is out.

the also make a gold fluid when you want to flush the blue stuff out.

it's a DOT 4 fluid that will exceed DOT 5.1 temps. it's compatiable with all other fluids (unlike DOT5 silicone fluids).

if you don't feel like ordering this stuff Castrol LMA is also a good off the shelf fluid.