Rx330 Transmission Cooler Lines

ericg

I changed the oil and filter on my 05 RX330 today and I was cleaning the engine compartment. I noticed that the metal portion of the transmission cooler hoses closest to the bottom of the radiator have a coating on them which almost looks like corrosion. The pan under the front end of the car protects these hoses and the bottom of the radiator but they are still suseptable to get road salt and snow in there. Has anyone else noticed this? The film on the metal looks like the type of coating that you see on an aluminum chair when it is left outside.

• 10 months later...
I changed the oil and filter on my 05 RX330 today and I was cleaning the engine compartment. I noticed that the metal portion of the transmission cooler hoses closest to the bottom of the radiator have a coating on them which almost looks like corrosion. The pan under the front end of the car protects these hoses and the bottom of the radiator but they are still suseptable to get road salt and snow in there. Has anyone else noticed this? The film on the metal looks like the type of coating that you see on an aluminum chair when it is left outside.

Did u ever get this fixed and how much did it cost? I was at a Lexus dealership earlier this week and they quoted me over $400 to replace 2 of the cooler lines. Not sure if that is all the lines the vehicle has, that's just what they pointed out since they are rusted.

• 2 years later...

Apparently you have to replace the whole cooler to get the line as it is not replaceable, I was quoted $870CDN complete.

That's utter nonsense. The cooler lines screw on to the cooler, they're not crimped on or welded or anything like that. I've had them off and they are pretty much like any other make of vehicle. I don't know if I would trust that shop to do ANY kind of work on my vehicle. Maybe things are different in Canada, or they NEED the money! LOL