New To Me

Jakey

I have been looking for a LX450 or LandCruiser for some time now. However, I wasn't necessarily looking for a 97. I had just assumed I would be getting a 98 or later. But it seems that I have come across a gorgeously kept high mileage LX450 that I am going to look at tomorrow. My buddy who is in the car biz loves it. I am looking for your input and experiences on the '97. She has 157K miles on her, but is in excellent condition. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. I soon hope to share my story here and show a couple of pics as I go pick up my new hunting pup in the 'truck' soon.

Thanks!

FWIW : that's the 40th Aniversary truck . . . 40 years of Land Cruisers . . .and the LX450 is a Land Cruiser with extra Bells & Whistles . . . .

Only main item I'd ask about : ever had a head gasket replaced ? What about the PHH, replaced ? (PHH : PITA heater hose, real short and a knuckle buster to get to), and tranny...replaced or orig ?

The engine is a tough little (well, ain't that little) booger....will last forever; just the head gasket 'seems' to be a common failure.

The PHH is one of those 'forget about a field fix' if it slits on the hi-way.

Tranny is not a weak spot,

If engine & tranny are good to go, and PHH is OK - then everything else is , well , immaterial....

Enjoy it....

( I have a 1994 FZJ80... a 'wannabe' LX450 and a 471,000+ mile old 1986 land cruiser)