Ls430 Roof Antenna

Jazoo

THE ANTENNA MAST ON OUR RECENTLY PURCHASED 2006 LESXUS LS430 IS MISSING. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FUNCTION OF THIS ANTENNA?

WHERE COULD I FIND A REPLACEMENT ANTENNA MAST @ REASONABLE PRICE?

THANKS

The mast is for the GPS system that the nav system uses. If you don't have nav, you don't need the mast. You can find the little masty piece several places--just google "Lexus LS shark-fin antenna" and you'll find it.

• 3 weeks later...

Wrong!!!

The nav antenna is under the dash cover, so hope you never have to change that. The mast is only for the earlier version of lexus Link, which is no longer supported in any case. Some of the parts sites list replacement antennas for about $100. I hoped I could use it for satellite radio, but turns out that requires an antenna with an LNA and the simpe mast will not work. Therefore, I simply unscrewed mine and put a stainless steel screw in its place because I didn't like it there in the first place. Note, I do have the nav system and it still works just fine. The info on various antennas and functions can be found in the factory manuals on techinfo.toyota.com.

• 6 years later...