Climate Control Problem A/c

philly777

Hello,

Please advise what is the "Check A/C" means on Nav board?

When I am loooking on Nav Screen the A/C button is blinking and not steady and the "Check Air Conditioner" text comes on screen periodically. :huh::huh:

I would like to know if anything serious or I can fix it DIY before taking thi to the dealer.

Thank you!!!

Phily what you got is a low refrigant warning, where the pressure of the R134a is insufficient. The warning usually is acccompanied when the compressor inlet and outlet differs , either you could have a leak. There is no DIY on the Airconditioner, you need to have the guage to do basic inspection. But there is only one way to find out from your side, to check if the refrigant is low volume. There is Sight glass on the cooler refrigant liquid pipe. Ensure when you check the vehicle is running at 1500 rpm and the blower speed control switch is at high and the AC switch is on. The temp control dial is at MAX cool, and all doors fully open. if you sight bubbles in the sight glass,and you feel the cooling is insufficient by the touch feel of the air, then the refrigant is insufficient.

Phily what you got is a low refrigant warning, where the pressure of the R134a is insufficient. The warning usually is acccompanied when the compressor inlet and outlet differs , either you could have a leak. There is no DIY on the Airconditioner, you need to have the guage to do basic inspection. But there is only one way to find out from your side, to check if the refrigant is low volume. There is Sight glass on the cooler refrigant liquid pipe. Ensure when you check the vehicle is running at 1500 rpm and the blower speed control switch is at high and the AC switch is on. The temp control dial is at MAX cool, and all doors fully open. if you sight bubbles in the sight glass,and you feel the cooling is insufficient by the touch feel of the air, then the refrigant is insufficient.

Thank you much!!! I'll check with the dealer then :blink: