Left Side Of Lcd In Climate Doesnt Light Up,easy Fix?help

hi troops i got another simple question for the experts here.i recently bought a climate control for my 93 es300 from the junkyard.cost me 7 bucks,my old one the lcd was all burnt out and i couldnt read anything from the right side.so i figured id take a shot.the one i bought actually is a newer one with the outside temprature button on it (which i love).the only problem is i believe there is 3 bulbs that light up the lcd at night and only one is lit.i can only read the right side at night.is there a way to just but new bulbs and install them and itll all light up?or is this a bigger problem and i should just live with it.any and all help is much appreciated thanx

It depends on exactly which bulbs are bad. I've taken mine apart to fix the same way, and the bad bulbs on mine were soldered into the circuit board (the leads from each bulb were pushed through the circuit board and soldered that way). Those are not very serviceable. I picked up a working unit instead for about $40 with all working lights and just used that.

If you haven't already, I would go ahead and dissemble the unit and see how the bulbs that are out are installed. If they are removable, go for it. If they are the type soldered into the circuit board, I personally would hold back at risk of damaging the circuit board.

Either way, you can get the parts from Lexus for whichever you decide to do.

Good Luck!