Re-dye Leather

tbow1975

Hello all. I bought a 1992 LS400. The leather has no tears but does have the dark lines and is dry and rough in places. I already cleaned and conditioned the entire car with Mequiars conditioner/cleaner and then again with Lexol. This did help some, but still not really good. Can I pay someone to strip and redye the seats? SHould this bring back soft nice new looking seats? I talked to a guy that told me he will come to my house and do it for $75 per seat and they should look new after 1 day. Any thoughts? THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!

travis - Portland, OR

:rolleyes:

Curt. Will do. I have talked to many people now who have had their leather cleaned and treated, then prepped and re-dyed. After this process apparently it is like new. No need to reupholster. We'll see. If anyone asks have them check out www.leatherique.com - this stuff takes old and makes new again, from the testimonials I have read, products been around for like 80 years or something and it is a miracle drug for leather. Thanks travis