Steer Wheel Horn

mark.blend

Any experience with the contact mechanism under the steering pad? My horn is not working upon pad press: I have replaced relay, checked fuse and tested horn.

I'm sure how to fix or clean contact switch under steering pad??

please advise

thanks, mark/denver

95 SC400

• 1 month later...

does your cruise control work, is your air bag light on. If it doesnt and it is then you have a bad clock spring but if those are ok then you prob have a broken wire somewhere. My horn doesnt work/air bag light is on/and cruise control doesnt work either so I'm assuming there may be a common prob with the clock springs.

does your cruise control work, is your air bag light on. If it doesnt and it is then you have a bad clock spring but if those are ok then you prob have a broken wire somewhere. My horn doesnt work/air bag light is on/and cruise control doesnt work either so I'm assuming there may be a common prob with the clock springs.

Thanks for the reply:

My cruise works and no lights are on, all else works, except horn? My understanding is the clock spring has a retract button on the ring that may be stuck in the retruct position and not allowing the ground path with ring. I'm wondering if the path is only for the horn or other as you mentioned? A solution would be follow the steering remove procedure (air bag caution), pull the ring and clean/check the button - replace ring if broke. A couples mechanics said this usually fixes the problem?

mark