Wind Noise Again After "the Fix"

i was one of the first to receive the wind noise fix almost one and a half years ago. i know i didnt purchase the car with this extreme wind noise anomaly, it suddenly developed after one month post purchase. well guess what, it developed again.it is quite humiliating when your female passengers try to put the windows up thinking they are opened a little.in 2007, i had a difficult time with corporate lexus re. my dissatisfaction, so im worried now 2 years later,that there isnt any recourse. has anyone experienced wind noise again after the fix, and now what can be done to rectify this problem?

i was one of the first to receive the wind noise fix almost one and a half years ago. i know i didnt purchase the car with this extreme wind noise anomaly, it suddenly developed after one month post purchase. well guess what, it developed again.it is quite humiliating when your female passengers try to put the windows up thinking they are opened a little.in 2007, i had a difficult time with corporate lexus re. my dissatisfaction, so im worried now 2 years later,that there isnt any recourse. has anyone experienced wind noise again after the fix, and now what can be done to rectify this problem?

There is probably an easy, inexpensive solution to your problem.

Look here:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls46...cussion-28.html

Look here:

thanks for your reply. two questions.how do you remove the plastic covering without damaging it? and would the dealer perform this fix?

Look here:

thanks for your reply. two questions.how do you remove the plastic covering without damaging it? and would the dealer perform this fix?

The dealers will not do this for you because Lexus has apparently instructed them not to. If you will send me an email at: jmcraney@verizon.net I will be glad to give you some more help including sending you two of the sheet metal patches. This is not a business proposition.

I have been a loyal customer of LEXUS(3 new cars thus far) since 2001. It is amazing to me how they can allow for their reputation to be tarnished by such an ambience trouble. I started buying their cars due to their quality and quietness. This 460 issue is by far the biggest deal breaker they have created for me. I am on my 16th month in this 460L & am already starting to consider taking my business elsewhere on my next purchase. I applaud those of you willing to make the fix yourselves. For me, I refuse to go down that path on such a high priced vehicle.

SHAME ON YOU LEXUS! :angry:

I have been a loyal customer of LEXUS(3 new cars thus far) since 2001. It is amazing to me how they can allow for their reputation to be tarnished by such an ambience trouble. I started buying their cars due to their quality and quietness. This 460 issue is by far the biggest deal breaker they have created for me. I am on my 16th month in this 460L & am already starting to consider taking my business elsewhere on my next purchase. I applaud those of you willing to make the fix yourselves. For me, I refuse to go down that path on such a high priced vehicle.

SHAME ON YOU LEXUS! :angry:

I have tried to up the pressure on Lexus to provide a fix for suffering owners by telling our local auto columnist, Terry Box, about the discussion thread on Club Lexus. Here is a link to an article that was in the Dallas Morning News a few weeks ago.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...n1.4bfbb9b.html

The discussion thread on Club Lexus is the most compressive collection of information available anywhere on this subject. It is fascinating reading for anyone with an interest in the LS wind noise problem. You should read every page, beginning at page 1 and currently ending at page 32.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls46...discussion.html

The discussion thread on Club Lexus is the most compressive collection of information available anywhere on this subject. It is fascinating reading for anyone with an interest in the LS wind noise problem. You should read every page, beginning at page 1 and currently ending at page 32.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls46...discussion.html

Oughta be good for a Pulitzer!!

;->

Whit

• 2 weeks later...

You can do a quick and easy check to see if your wind noise is caused by the the black plastic triangle in front of your side view mirror. Just seal the black triangle by putting masking tape around all 3 sides and take it for a highway drive and see if that makes any difference. It made no difference in my car, so that wasn't the cause of the problem.

Most 2008 LS460/LS460L were factory-equipped with laminated (Lamisafe) front side glass. All 2007 LS460s were made with tempered glass only. Part of the wind noise fix for the 2007 LS460 includes the addition of laminated (Lamisafe) glass to the front windows, replacing original tempered (Temperlite) glass.

Several days ago, I took my late production 2007 LS460 in to replace the recalled fuel line and also complained about wind noise from the driver's side window at highway speeds when the glass was in the full up position. To reduce the noise, I had to tap the window switch and move the glass down slightly but it was still a little noisy. Without hesitation, my dealer (Nalley Lexus, Roswell GA) replaced the driver's and front passenger glass under warranty and explained that the new laminated glass seals better because it is slightly thicker than the original tempered glass. That made a huge difference, and my car is now much quieter at highway speeds. And I'm a very satisfied customer. :D

You can do a quick and easy check to see if your wind noise is caused by the the black plastic triangle in front of your side view mirror. Just seal the black triangle by putting masking tape around all 3 sides and take it for a highway drive and see if that makes any difference. It made no difference in my car, so that wasn't the cause of the problem.

Most 2008 LS460/LS460L were factory-equipped with laminated (Lamisafe) front side glass. All 2007 LS460s were made with tempered glass only. Part of the wind noise fix for the 2007 LS460 includes the addition of laminated (Lamisafe) glass to the front windows, replacing original tempered (Temperlite) glass.

Several days ago, I took my late production 2007 LS460 in to replace the recalled fuel line and also complained about wind noise from the driver's side window at highway speeds when the glass was in the full up position. To reduce the noise, I had to tap the window switch and move the glass down slightly but it was still a little noisy. Without hesitation, my dealer (Nalley Lexus, Roswell GA) replaced the driver's and front passenger glass under warranty and explained that the new laminated glass seals better because it is slightly thicker than the original tempered glass. That made a huge difference, and my car is now much quieter at highway speeds. And I'm a very satisfied customer. :D

stuart: my glass was replaced with the laminated windows etc around one year ago. but suddenly, last month, the symptoms spontaneously reoccurred.im afraid its not if your wind noise will reoccur, but when its going to reoccur!