1jz Gte 2.5l W/ R154 Tranny Swap?'s

GoGreen

I need some help in doing a 1jz gte w/ 5spd (r154) tranny into my 1997 sc300 (automotic)

I am currently doing this modification as we speak!

I am having most of my issues with doing the tranny swap, I have heard and been told so many different things regarding this swap.

I am in search of some real answers form someone who has done this swap or knows someone who has done this swap or any information that has been proven correct!

I believe that this engine did not come out of a Toyota soarer GT as it comes with the r154 tranny and i think that this came only in the mk3 supra.

1. since this is the case will I have to extend the shifter to fit? ( the engine and tranny all came together in once piece)

2. Will I have to change the driveshaft of my sc300 to the soarer driveshaft or the supra mk3 driveshaft or can I just leave it stock?

3. If i can leave it stock will i need to make modifications to the driveshaft so that it fits correctly?

4. Does anyone know if the driveshaft that driftmotion sells (aluminum) can be used to do this auto to r154 tranny swap?

5. What are any of the other problems that I might have when doing this swap?

Does anyone need a 2jz ge engine and auto tranny? They are both in great condition. engine has around 180K. Spent around $2k about 3 years ago in updated entire engine/plugs/wires/the whole shabang!

1. since this is the case will I have to extend the shifter to fit? Yes you will, the only R154 that will fit is the soarer r154 (with the soarer bellhousing of course) which is very difficult to find. ( the engine and tranny all came together in once piece)

2. Will I have to change the driveshaft of my sc300 to the soarer driveshaft or the supra mk3 driveshaft or can I just leave it stock? You will need a new driveshaft. Some have claimed to use half of the sc400 driveshaft and had sucess with the mk3 r154.

3. If i can leave it stock will i need to make modifications to the driveshaft so that it fits correctly?

Extend it.

4. Does anyone know if the driveshaft that driftmotion sells (aluminum) can be used to do this auto to r154 tranny swap?

Don't know.

What are your HP goals?

I've done a 1JZ swap, and we used the stock W58 tranny. Everything bolted right up. You'll need to move the power steering revervior, rewire the gauges, and extend the body harness. But all that wan't anything special. If your going from auto to manual, then obviously your going to need to add in the clutch and shift linkage. But even those are easy. The SC has plenty of room under there.

Thanks, does it make a difference if I am using a Jdm engine into my usdm car?

Will my computer( from jdm 1jz gte) be able to plug into the harness (usdm sc300) and read correctly?

Does anyone know about how I can get the r154 tranny to fit, it is actually like an inch or two too short

Thanks, does it make a difference if I am using a Jdm engine into my usdm car?

Make a difference for what?

Will my computer( from jdm 1jz gte) be able to plug into the harness (usdm sc300) and read correctly?

Ha ha ha ha ha!! Yeah, you wish! Your going to have to rewire it.

Does anyone know about how I can get the r154 tranny to fit, it is actually like an inch or two too short

Your auto now and going to a manual tranny or manual to upgrade tranny? You checked the output shafts and they are the same also? I ask because I ran into this with the IS and GS. They both use the same tranny's but they have different output shafts. See:

post-42851-1235525931_thumb.jpg

I just wanted to know what are the differnces that i will experience putting a jdm 1gz gte engine w 5spd R154 (not sure of which car it came out of) into a 1997 sc300 automatic and if it makes a difference with the wiring and the ecu to the harness. I havent yet taken out the engine and tranny yet. I will hopefully be getting to that tomorrow, reduing my suspension at the same time, so i dont know if they look like that yet but I will check first chance and let you know.

How can I tell what car the engine came out of and what year of the engine

I am hoping to get somewhere around 350whp for now hopefully

I just wanted to know what are the differnces that i will experience putting a jdm 1gz gte engine w 5spd R154 (not sure of which car it came out of) into a 1997 sc300 automatic and if it makes a difference with the wiring and the ecu to the harness. I havent yet taken out the engine and tranny yet. I will hopefully be getting to that tomorrow, reduing my suspension at the same time, so i dont know if they look like that yet but I will check first chance and let you know.

How can I tell what car the engine came out of and what year of the engine

I am hoping to get somewhere around 350whp for now hopefully

Hopefully your importer can tell you, otherwise you can look up the vin. Another way to tell is the orientation of the oil pan. Your SC will require a rear sump oil pan, and 1js with rear sumps came on the jzz30 and the jza70, and front sumps on the chasers/markIIs, etc.

Thanks, my importer could not tell me. I got it from a guy named chad up in canada. I will check were the sump oil pan goes today if I have time.

Where would I find the vin # on the engine, i have seen some 7 digit #'s but not sure which one is the vin? and where would i go to look it up?

I need some help in doing a 1jz gte w/ 5spd (r154) tranny into my 1997 sc300 (automotic)

I am having most of my issues with doing the tranny swap, I have heard and been told so many different things regarding this swap.

I am in search of some real answers form someone who has done this swap or knows someone who has done this swap or any information that has been proven correct!

I believe that this engine did not come out of a Toyota soarer GT as it comes with the r154 tranny and i think that this came only in the mk3 supra.

1. since this is the case will I have to extend the shifter to fit? ( the engine and tranny all came together in once piece)

2. Will I have to change the driveshaft of my sc300 to the soarer driveshaft or the supra mk3 driveshaft or can I just leave it stock?

Does anyone need a 2jz ge engine and auto tranny? They are both in great condition. engine has around 180K. Spent around $2k about 3 years ago in updated entire engine/plugs/wires/the whole shabang!

your going to need either a soarer driveshaft or have one custom built. most driveshaft shops online will come with measurement instructions to have one

custom built. as far as the harness goes i would get a wiring diagram for youur car and crossreference all the signal wires you will need for your tach signal

, ac signals, fuel pump power and about 35 other connections for your body harness. you can find these by finding the main body plug mounted on the firewall and checking what all the wires are going to on the diagram. your going to need to mount clutch pedal and get some generic brake line to run to the

slave cylinder. custom building a shift linkage will be the least of you worries and i would mount the engine and trans and make adjustments from there.

you may also have to make mods to the body harness for things like the park release(to remove the key) it seems like a fairly complicated conversion..its

much easier if all the harness were from manual trans. good luck...solve one problem at a time