Finally Some Good Pics!

Hey Smoothie,

Yah.. you be jawman mawn!! .....I'm jealous! Black IS beautiful! Love the wheels!! Great job on the pics! :cheers:

I'm not sure what it is, but looking at an IS makes my eyes tingle!! :D

Thanks R&B. I did take some of your photo taking advice also. :)

Great job smooth, you show a lot of versatility in the shots. I especially like the one with the IS reflecting in a puddle, and the one reflecting in the window framed with ivy.:cheers: I love the rims man, very clean and modern. Like the rest said, black on black is the most beautiful... Dammit, I miss my GS, may she RIP.

How are things in Orlando? I haven't been over that way in months, it's getting time to start hitting up Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure/City Walk.

Thanks Ray. Did I see you signed up for the Venice beach meet? I'm hoping to be able to make that one. (Depends on some business I have going on if I can go or not.)

NICE. Makes me want to paint my calipers. Why no trunk lip spoiler?

I'm really not crazy about a spoiler on this car. I don't know, I guess I like the rear end looking lower and wider and the spoiler makes it look taller. It just looks so clean without one. I think my money would be better spent on a lip kit. (Maybe)

Wow, I didn't realize they were having one. The 28th is a definate no as I'm working a double shift and I just started bartending. I don't want to ask someone to pick up my shift so early. The 1st I may be able to work something out. It would be great to meet some of you after these two years exchanges of knowledge and banter LOL

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME. LOVE the wheels. Very jealous of anyone with the 350. I have the 250AWD and it sits higher. Would rather have the 350 but just would make it on the icey hills in my neighborhood even with a great set of snow tires. so I will just look at yours.....

Great shots!! how about some showing the inside of the car...

would love to paint my calipers...just not sure on what color would go with the Tungsten!!!

I haven't really done to much to the inside of the car yet. I do have additional plans for it, It's just the things I did, you can't really see, like I added the Vaitech Ipod interface, and an amp and larger sub. Other than that it looks just like your interior, only black. :)

AWESOME. LOVE the wheels. Very jealous of anyone with the 350. I have the 250AWD and it sits higher. Would rather have the 350 but just would make it on the icey hills in my neighborhood even with a great set of snow tires. so I will just look at yours.....

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, they just came out with a lowered suspension option for the awd's. But maybe it's not such a good idea if your in deep snow territory.

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, they just came out with a lowered suspension option for the awd's. But maybe it's not such a good idea if your in deep snow territory.

They did - it's the F sport suspension - but it's 1,000 installed, plus I would need the larger wheels to complete the look so add the rubber, wheels and suspension and I'm into the deal another 3 grand. Which is about 8 car payments...So I guess will just dream, or move to a warmer climate and get the 350

I was just putting the photo ablum away in a file and as I was looking thru them, I think this one has become my favorite of all the photo's I have so far:

Lexuspics127-1-1-1.jpg

can you link to your painting calipers how to, am having a hard time finding it with the search.

Beautiful car, great shine on it, what kind/size are those wheels and tires? were they straight bolt ons or did you have to have the suspension lowered/modified.

I am toying with getting some new rims (i have staggered 18s).

I have an IS250 6 Speed RWD (that I had to have trucked in from florida (I am in montreal canada..was impossible to find anywhere)). It came with a sport package that had the front lip spoiler as well.

I do have to say that the front lip spoiler makes the front end look VERY aggressive, given your Rims, tires, calipers and lack of rear spoiler (which i totally agree with you), all you need is a front lip spoiler and not one other thing! (ps your tint is pretty aggressive too)

I do recommend the Lexus factory one, as some of those aftermarket ones are a little too decorative for my taste (and flimsy).

great pics!

can you link to your painting calipers how to, am having a hard time finding it with the search.

Beautiful car, great shine on it, what kind/size are those wheels and tires? were they straight bolt ons or did you have to have the suspension lowered/modified.

I have an IS250 6 Speed RWD (that I had to have trucked in from florida (I am in montreal canada..was impossible to find anywhere)). It came with a sport package that had the front lip spoiler as well.

I do have to say that the front lip spoiler makes the front end look VERY aggressive, given your Rims, tires, calipers and lack of rear spoiler (which i totally agree with you), all you need is a front lip spoiler and not one other thing! (ps your tint is pretty aggressive too)

I do recommend the Lexus factory one, as some of those aftermarket ones are a little too decorative for my taste (and flimsy).

great pics!

found the how to, just looking for info on my other questions

Very nice car but why are people calling it black on black?

Black exterior on black interior.

I was just putting the photo ablum away in a file and as I was looking thru them, I think this one has become my favorite of all the photo's I have so far:

Lexuspics127-1-1-1.jpg

You should use that pic as your avatar. :D

I'm workin on it... :rolleyes:

I see you found it.

Those are custom forged aluminum  Work Varianza T1S's. They have a machined face and polished lip. When I ordered them, it took 4 months for them to come in. And the suspension is on Tenabe Pro Sustec 5 coilovers with TEAS.

great pics!

Thanks! I love the Visage front lip and the Blitz, and I like the ING rear and side skirts. The OEM is nice, but I keep thinking for the money, I want a bit more finesse.

Looks awesome Smooth! I normally don't like modded cars and aftermarket wheels, but yours looks *great*!

Thanks SW. I have alot of years of going to far to teach me when to stop now. :rolleyes: LOL!!!

Very nice car but why are people calling it black on black?

Black exterior on black interior.

Ok Ive only heard thet used to describe black exterior on black rims.

I guess it could be both. But I've never heard Black on machined or black on polished before. Or what would you call that?

I just want to give the big shout outpost-42851-1237501747.gif to Flop170 for the banner I now have! Thank you. It looks awsome, I love it! you did a great job on it.

Just lookin at the Avatar and banner signature makes me wanna post somethin so I can see it again....post-42851-1237511678.gif