Finally Some Good Pics!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
very nice looking car! Just wondering what brand and size the wheels are? Also, what size are your tires?

Thanks

Thanks. The rims are by Work. 2 peice forged aluminum, machined face and polished lip. And the sizes are staggered 19's, 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the rear.

• 4 months later...
Well, I finally had some time to myself. So I drove around town and took some pictures. I'm just learning this photography thing.

Lexuspics098.jpg

:wub: WOW! I LOVE THIS CAR! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO THIS IS? I'M NEW TO THIS CLUB. I JUST BOUGHT A IS250 6 MONTHS AGO, AND I REALLY LOVE MY CAR. UNTIL I SAW THIS ONE. IT'S PERFECT. NOT TOO MUCH AND VERY CLASSSY. ITS A 350? IM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS NOW. I CANT EVEN THINK OF WORDS THAT DO JUSTICE TO THE RIMS AND THE LOW STANCE OF THE CAR. WHAT KIND OF BRAKES ARE THOSE? IS THAT BLACK HARD TO KEEP CLEAN? HOW IS THE RIDE OF THE CAR? HOW DID YOU GET IT LOW LIKE THAT? SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS, BUT AROUND WHERE I LIVE, NO ONE HAS DONE ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO THIS CAR, SO I AM JUST WANTING TOKNOW IF I CAN DO SOME OF THESE THINGS TOO IF IT DOESNT COST TOO MUCH. DID IT COST ALOT?

Woah......hold on Tex!

First off try to type in normal casing, it doesn't have to be in all CAPS. I understand you like the car and think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread but get ahold of yourself.

First off the brakes are stock, he just painted the stock IS350 calipers.

How did he get it so low? Simple.... probably lowering springs or coilovers, how else would he get it low?

Black is also one of the easiest colors to keep clean, white being the worst.

The 2nd gen IS has been around since 2006 so if you think this is the coolest looking IS then you need to do some searching buddy. There are some crazy IS's out there.

You can also do all these things to your car but it will cost money. Although yours will not be as fast as his. He put nice rims on, not sure how much they run but I would figure that they are in the ballpark of $2000 without tires. Lowering springs do not cost too much either but you'll shorten the life expectancy of your shocks if you don't replace those too. Other than those two things that all that's really been done to this car other than the do it yourself brake caliper job and window tints.

Well, I finally had some time to myself. So I drove around town and took some pictures. I'm just learning this photography thing.

Lexuspics098.jpg

:wub: WOW! I LOVE THIS CAR! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO THIS IS? I'M NEW TO THIS CLUB. I JUST BOUGHT A IS250 6 MONTHS AGO, AND I REALLY LOVE MY CAR. UNTIL I SAW THIS ONE. IT'S PERFECT. NOT TOO MUCH AND VERY CLASSSY. ITS A 350? IM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS NOW. I CANT EVEN THINK OF WORDS THAT DO JUSTICE TO THE RIMS AND THE LOW STANCE OF THE CAR. WHAT KIND OF BRAKES ARE THOSE? IS THAT BLACK HARD TO KEEP CLEAN? HOW IS THE RIDE OF THE CAR? HOW DID YOU GET IT LOW LIKE THAT? SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS, BUT AROUND WHERE I LIVE, NO ONE HAS DONE ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO THIS CAR, SO I AM JUST WANTING TOKNOW IF I CAN DO SOME OF THESE THINGS TOO IF IT DOESNT COST TOO MUCH. DID IT COST ALOT?

Lexuspics098.jpg

lol!!

To explain justflyin83, typing in all caps is reserved for yelling and screaming on the boards.

So, Welcome to the LOC.

And as it was already pointed out, I really haven't done a whole lot to the car. There are some pretty extreme examples out there. But, I think what I have accomplished is to get a nice "custom" look and keep it real world usable without worry about scraping everywhere, and a crappy ride. The 350 is already fast enouph for a daily driver. I would say I put about $5-6k into it, with me doing the work. If you paying for labor it would probably be closer to $10k. as the suspension work can be pricey. But that's not including the audio work, LED mods, and a few other upgrades.

My impression from your post is that your pretty young. Spend your money on school, and save the modding for later. Even with mild modding as I've done here, it does make maintaining the car a bit more work and a little more expensive. Something you should consider also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet pics!! I can't' say more good things about my IS I got last year. check out my pics, I got this on a 3 yr lease, which im glad I did because I'm going to trade it in for the IS-C in 2011!

Here my pics of my black IS:

Lexus IS 250 - Inside - inside pic

Lexus IS250 Outside - outside (needs a wash!!)

Lexus IS250 Inside 2 - another pic inside

• 2 weeks later...
I had alot of fun doing this photo shoot thing. I got pulled over by the police twice, kicked out of 3 "stock yards" by security gaurds, almost locked in a steel mill (That would have really sucked! He never even saw me until I was driving up to the gate he just closed and locked and was driving away to go home for the weekend!) The police just wanted to know what the heck I was doing around there and all, but I saw a bunch of really good spots I think I might go back to another day. I kept finding the side I thought would make a good backdrop was facing the wrong direction of the sun. And it was still pretty overcast for the morning, it wasn't until about 9:30-10:00 that the clouds started to break and the sun started to shine, and by then I only had about an hour before it started to get to bright again.

Your car is looks really nice! I am planning to tint my car and just wondering what you have on yours? Do you think titanium window tint will look good?