Finally Some Good Pics!

Well, I finally had some time to myself. So I drove around town and took some pictures. I'm just learning this photography thing.

Lexuspics044.jpg

Lexuspics047.jpg

Lexuspics058.jpg

Lexuspics064.jpg

Lexuspics066.jpg

Lexuspics070.jpg

Lexuspics098.jpg

Lexuspics102.jpg

Lexuspics107.jpg

Lexuspics115.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!

It should read 'finally some GREAT pics!'

Great job, nice eye. Really awesome results!!!

A meticulously shined up Black on Black - Man, it doesn't get any better! :D

Okay, I am now inspired to finally take some shots as well.

i wanna have s*x with your car! lol.... in front of a red barn looking building????? in front of a puddle with the reflection of the car in it????? where could such ideas come from... ;) LOL..... just messin with ya! ...you definitely have perfected the picture taking thing!!!! hellz to tha yeaz!!!

Hey looks great, come to Texas and paint my calipers for me!!!

I did a "How To" already! Come on man, get your hands dirty and knock it out. It looks sooooooooooo much better once your done, and it's so easy afterwards your gonna wonder why you didn't do it already. LOL!!!

WOW!

It should read 'finally some GREAT pics!'

Great job, nice eye. Really awesome results!!!

A meticulously shined up Black on Black - Man, it doesn't get any better! :D

Okay, I am now inspired to finally take some shots as well.

Thanks. those are some nice compliments!

i wanna have s*x with your car! lol.... in front of a red barn looking building????? in front of a puddle with the reflection of the car in it????? where could such ideas come from... ;) LOL..... just messin with ya! ...you definitely have perfected the picture taking thing!!!! hellz to tha yeaz!!!

LOL!! I'm no photographer though. I just had some fun. A friend of mine loaned me his camera. (It was a Canon "something." He said it was a 900 dollar camera. And the lenses are all hundreds of dollars each. Whatever!) I think I might do this again later. I took tons of photos, I just uploaded a few of the good ones here.

Nice job Smooth :cheers: If I can keep the snow/salt/slush off of the car long enough I'll take some recent pic's too B) Gotta luv the Blk/Blk ;)

Yeah man, I wanna see the dc-mobile! LOL!!

LOL!! I'm no photographer though. I just had some fun. A friend of mine loaned me his camera. (It was a Canon "something." He said it was a 900 dollar camera. And the lenses are all hundreds of dollars each. Whatever!) I think I might do this again later. I took tons of photos, I just uploaded a few of the good ones here.

...and you better know we have to take sum pics this may/june!!! double threat style!!!

Great job smooth, you show a lot of versatility in the shots. I especially like the one with the IS reflecting in a puddle, and the one reflecting in the window framed with ivy. :cheers: I love the rims man, very clean and modern. Like the rest said, black on black is the most beautiful... Dammit, I miss my GS, may she RIP.

How are things in Orlando? I haven't been over that way in months, it's getting time to start hitting up Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure/City Walk.

Hey Smoothie,

Yah.. you be jawman mawn!! .....I'm jealous! Black IS beautiful! Love the wheels!! Great job on the pics! :cheers:

I'm not sure what it is, but looking at an IS makes my eyes tingle!! :D

Thanks R&B. I did take some of your photo taking advice also. :)

Great job smooth, you show a lot of versatility in the shots. I especially like the one with the IS reflecting in a puddle, and the one reflecting in the window framed with ivy.:cheers: I love the rims man, very clean and modern. Like the rest said, black on black is the most beautiful... Dammit, I miss my GS, may she RIP.

How are things in Orlando? I haven't been over that way in months, it's getting time to start hitting up Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure/City Walk.

Thanks Ray. Did I see you signed up for the Venice beach meet? I'm hoping to be able to make that one. (Depends on some business I have going on if I can go or not.)

NICE. Makes me want to paint my calipers. Why no trunk lip spoiler?

I'm really not crazy about a spoiler on this car. I don't know, I guess I like the rear end looking lower and wider and the spoiler makes it look taller. It just looks so clean without one. I think my money would be better spent on a lip kit. (Maybe)

I had alot of fun doing this photo shoot thing. I got pulled over by the police twice, kicked out of 3 "stock yards" by security gaurds, almost locked in a steel mill (That would have really sucked! He never even saw me until I was driving up to the gate he just closed and locked and was driving away to go home for the weekend!) The police just wanted to know what the heck I was doing around there and all, but I saw a bunch of really good spots I think I might go back to another day. I kept finding the side I thought would make a good backdrop was facing the wrong direction of the sun. And it was still pretty overcast for the morning, it wasn't until about 9:30-10:00 that the clouds started to break and the sun started to shine, and by then I only had about an hour before it started to get to bright again.

Very nice pics Smooth, the car looks fantastic. Alot better on the the picture taking front, I see you did a some photo taking homework.

:cheers:

Thanks man. You see what I meant about the picture quality thing before? And yeah, my friend is a photgrapher, and he gave m e all kinds of advice and tips. BUt I think I did the most learning out there taking these shots. I think I can even do better yet next time.

Nice man! I like the style, looks good. Nice rim choice cause they still have some alloy/silver but still got some black to go with the car. I like it. Very impressed but to be honest, didn't expect any less haha. Good job!

I was wondering whether or not I should get that trunk lip spoiler too. 'Cause when I see the G35 Coupe, it looks WAY better without that horrid spoiler. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't bother w/it... Guess I need to see more pics of it with the spoiler & without

That new Chrome tip thing they are doing is pretty cool, but on someone elses car. I don't know if I would want that on mine. I just like ti clean and simple.

nice pics...you were using a Canon XSi, btw, which is a great camera (i have one...love it!).

Wow, man I think your right. How did you know that?post-42851-1235433955.gif

Heres the camera I was using before:

Lexuspics234.jpg

Lexuspics235.jpg

And here is the Canon:

Lexuspics236.jpg

Lexuspics237.jpg

You can plainly see the quality differences in the phots. I took the pics of the canon with the Casio, and pics of the Casio with the Canon. See the color and light rendition differences? I had no idea it was like that before. Your right, the Canon is nice!

Nice man! I like the style, looks good. Nice rim choice cause they still have some alloy/silver but still got some black to go with the car. I like it. Very impressed but to be honest, didn't expect any less haha. Good job!

Thanks Rocco, glad I was able to live up to expectations.post-42851-1235435155.gif

nice pics...you were using a Canon XSi, btw, which is a great camera (i have one...love it!).

Wow, man I think your right. How did you know that?post-42851-1235433955.gif

Heres the camera I was using before:

Lexuspics234.jpg

Lexuspics235.jpg

And here is the Canon:

Lexuspics236.jpg

Lexuspics237.jpg

You can plainly see the quality differences in the phots. I took the pics of the canon with the Casio, and pics of the Casio with the Canon. See the color and light rendition differences? I had no idea it was like that before. Your right, the Canon is nice!

most pics you can tell everything about them by looking at the "exif" data...that is short for exposure information. it's embedded in the pics, unless stripped out. you can see all of the settings used (aperture, shutter speed, exposure mode, etc). the XSi is a great camera...the only drawback with dSLR is lugging them around with a bag full of lenses! :)

an example of one of the pics above:

[image]

Make = Canon

Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi

Orientation = top/left

X Resolution = 72

Y Resolution = 72

Resolution Unit = inch

Date Time = 2009-02-22 03:23:05

YCbCr Positioning = co-sited

Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 196

[Camera]

Exposure Time = 1/60"

F Number = F5.6

Exposure Program = Landscape mode

ISO Speed Ratings = 320

Exif Version = Version 2.21

Date Time Original = 2009-02-22 03:23:05

Date Time Digitized = 2009-02-22 03:23:05

Components Configuration = YCbcr

Shutter Speed Value = 6 TV

Aperture Value = 5 AV

Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV

Metering Mode = Pattern

Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

Focal Length = 61mm

Maker Note = 8580 Byte

User Comment =

Subsec Time = 0.3"

Subsec Time Original = 0.3"

Subsec Time Digitized = 0.3"

Flashpix Version = Version 1.0

Color Space = sRGB

Exif Image Width = 4272

Exif Image Height = 2848

Interoperability IFD Pointer = Offset: 9506

Focal Plane X Resolution = 4865.604

Focal Plane Y Resolution = 4876.712

Focal Plane Resolution Unit = inch

Custom Rendered = Normal process

Exposure Mode = Auto exposure

White Balance = Auto white balance

Scene Capture Type = Normal

:huh: Actually that's pretty cool! I was wondering how to map some of the settings on the camera so I can figure out which settings I liked the best for the type of shots I'm taking. So when I was out taking the photos, I took shots in all the different modes, like portrait, laandscape, sport and full auto. Then when I got home I tried to figure out which ones looked the best because that little screen on the back you can't really see the lighting differences and color very well. But once I got home I couldn't remember what setting was what pic and I just gave up and just downloaded the ones I wanted to keep and deleted all the ones I thought were crap. So, how do you view that info?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. left click properties. Got it! Thanks for pointing that out to me though! That's going to be a huge help in the future! post-42851-1235446739.gif