Erratic Idling In 93 Ls

Carrera228

upon starting my car up in the morning, it runs very erratically, stumbling irregularly, etc. once the car has heated up after 20 minutes of driving or so, it no longer does this. any ideas on what this might be? there aren't any warning lights illuminated. i was thinking maybe a bad injector(?) by the way, it is a 93 LS with 122,000 miles

<_< When was the last time you tuned it up? Also it is a good Idea to clean the throtle body. I did mine and it was pretty gummed up. my 90 LS has 135K miles. If you have not yet tuned it up. It is time to get some Nippondenso Plugs, rotors, dist. caps, fuel filter, air filter , PCV valve.and wire set.

I done all that inmy and runs like a champ. :cheers:

It sounds like the Fuel Injectors are getting clogged. It also doesn't hurt to pour some Dry Gas into the fuel tank, if you live in a rather cold climate zone,

:rolleyes: Would be a lot easier if you remove the throtle body, as I did. it is only 4 bolts and you need to disconnect the acelerator cable. but there is no chance of droping any debris inside of the intake manifold. The other way described on the link above is dangerous. If you drop anything inside of the manifol, you will have to remove the entire intake manifold

i couldn't locate the cleaner you guys recommended, so i called the local asian import shop and they said they use Redline injector cleaner. i picked up a bottle and am running it through the current tank of gas. i'll let you guys know if it's a success