Lexus/toyota Dealers In Nj

coolptnr

Greetings all...I'm new to this site and from what I've seen its great. Anyone here from Central NJ know of Lexus or Toyota dealerships that they've used and are generally happy with. O

I have a 98 ES 300, beige, in need of its first service with the dealer. Bought it at 49K, has 52K on it now. Has "Lexus of waranties-36 months/100K" and a free oil change at the first 3k miles. Thanks for any help you can provide...

Since its CPO I'd always use the dealer you purchased it from unless they're either:

1. Crappy

2. Too far away

Generally you always get the best service if you return for maintenance after the sale. Car sales are generally a loss leader for car dealerships, the real money is made in the service department.

Also keep in mind though, you dont have to take it to the Lexus dealer.

i agree if you bought it from a lexus dealer and its not far from you take it back to them for service.if you bought it from a used car dealer or another dealer other then lexus then try and find one near you.

i go to cherry hill lexus in nj so im not sure how far that is from you but they seem to be great but of course they all over charge!

SW03ES, bbsal, Thanks for the info. I am about 60 miles from the place I purchased it from...and I pass another lexus dealer on the way. I'm due for the free oil change soon so I'll see if its worth the trip(I'm in Princeton, the dealer is in pennsylvania). From what I gather, there are places where the nearest Lexus dealer is even further than that.

SW03es, you mention that you don't have to take it to a lexus dealer. You mean i can get regular maintenance done outside(assuming they are competent, reputable, etc). If I decided to go that route for selected maintenance items, how could I do that without voiding the terms of my warranty?

inorder to not void the warranty, just save all your receipts and invoices.

There are a few pages that discuss this in the owners manual.

For example, oil changes, tire rotations, tranny flushes, etc. don't always have to be done by a Lexus dealership to keep the warranty intact. These manit. procesdures can be done by oneself, a Toyota Dealership, Jiffy Lube, Sears Automotive or an independent shop of your choice.

steviej

Thats also a common brainwashing tactic. It is illegal for them to require you to use a Lexus dealer for service to avoid voiding the warranty. Like Steve said if you keep the service reciepts then theres no way they can void your warranty.

Jersey is full of places like that too, great independent mechanics.

Check out www.lexus.com and put in your address and search. There's DeFeo Lexus off of Rt 22 in Bound Brook, my fiance says thats 20 minutes from Princeton depending on where you live (she's from Branchburg).