1999 Gs400 Reliable?

all lexus's are good cars!the gs400 is a very very good car.i would recommend it to anyone and im not just saying that because i own one!beleive me lexus is by far the most reliable car on the road!no real trouble spots from what ive seen.like any other car you must keep up on the manience like oil changes etc..but other then that you should be good to go.how many miles on the car you are looking at?

I'm not looking at a specific car, I'm basing the year I'm looking for on the Blue Book value and what I can realistically afford...

I'm attracted to these cars because of the performance. However it will be a daily driver and I need a rock-solid ride...

thanks

T

My mileage is about the same as my dad gets on his LS. On the new ES the gas mileage advatages of the V6 are negated by the low power to weight ratio. The GS makes a great daily driver, it all depends on what you're looking for, what kind of situations you commonly drive in (snow etc).

The GS is not the most reliable of Lexuses. It doesnt win initial quality or dependability comparisons like the ES and LS do, its very reliable though nonetheless, I would get the newest one you can afford, they got more reliable with every year, I'd stay away from a 98.

would get the newest one you can afford, they got more reliable with every year, I'd stay away from a 98.

i disagree with that! :( i own a 98 and its never given me one single problem to even talk about on here!i now owned it for about 6 months i guess and love it!

just because of one bad gs that happens to be a 98 dont make them all bad.

the 98 and 99 are basiclly the same anyway so i dont see how one year would be bad enough to stay away from and the other be good :(

anyhow look what i paid for mine on this link and you will be shocked.then again it was a freind i bought it off of so dont go by that price!lol :D

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=ST&f=1&t=2237&

acually heres a link to the 98 gs400 and also a link to the 99 gs400 and if you look at the 2 in compairson the 98 gs400 got 5 stars from jd power!!!!!!!

the 99 gs400 got 4 stars!!i think maybe sw03es got it mixed up :D no big deal though!

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.js...d=567&year=1998

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.js...d=567&year=1999