Sc400 Ac Conversion

dude

I just converted my 93 sc400 ac to R-134a using a kit i bought from the auto parts store. Afterwards i read where you actually need to remove all the oil before converting has anyone done this and can you advise me.

thx

The correct way to do the conversion is to pretty much remove all of the a/c system from the car and flush it with a solvent to get rid of the mineral oil. The compressor is the exception to this....just tip it and get as much of the oil out as you can.

Then change all of the seals in the system to ones designed for 134a.

Check for leaks by pulling a vac. on it and seeing if the vac. holds for several hours.

If all is good refill with PAG oil and 134a as specified.

That kit will work but your air will not be as cold as before and if can leak because the mineral oil from R12 systems has a chemical reaction with the 134a PAG oil which eats the seals and rubber hoses.

This is a great guide:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f13/...etrofit-109833/

I just converted my 93 sc400 ac to R-134a using a kit i bought from the auto parts store. Afterwards i read where you actually need to remove all the oil before converting has anyone done this and can you advise me.

thx

Thx Will having the R-134a kit already installed in the system have done damage already? I just put it in last week and have not used the ac yet?