Radio Swap Pioneer To Nakamichi

billydpowell

This is a loaded question, I have a 1995 LS400 with a nakamichi unit and a 1997 LS400 with a pioneer, and I want to swap them out?

My main question is: is the wiring/plugins all the same? and would the CD players have to be changed?

I dont mind swaping the speakers, radios, and Amp's (if I know where they are) .

Any WARNINGS or Help out there? or just forget it... too involved.

This is a loaded question, I have a 1995 LS400 with a nakamichi unit and a 1997 LS400 with a pioneer, and I want to swap them out?

My main question is: is the wiring/plugins all the same? and would the CD players have to be changed?

I dont mind swaping the speakers, radios, and Amp's (if I know where they are) .

Any WARNINGS or Help out there? or just forget it... too involved.

The connectors are different.

Thanks, these are not wired with both style plugs on the harness', correct? bp

No, there are not connectors in your car for both standard and Nak systems.

I don't know about the 95-97 standard and Nak, but it was explained to me by an audio shop tech that the architecture of the two systems on the 98-00 is very different. Some functions that are controlled by the amp on the standard system are in the head unit of the Nak system and vice versa -- don't know if that is really true but that's what I was told.

I don't know about the 95-97 standard and Nak, but it was explained to me by an audio shop tech that the architecture of the two systems on the 98-00 is very different. Some functions that are controlled by the amp on the standard system are in the head unit of the Nak system and vice versa -- don't know if that is really true but that's what I was told.

thanks, thats good enugh for me..

it is true, the Pioneer system controls the CD changer via the amplifier (which is relaying the control from the headunit while at the same time processing the sound and sending it out). in the Nakamichi system the CD changer output and data is going directly into the headunit, and the amplifier's only duty is to process the FINAL output sound from the headunit and send it out to the speakers.