Please Help Auto Door Locks!

sideways_ls

k well i have a 1998 ls400 just bought it to weeks ago tonight i went to eat so i locked it came out try'd to unlock it. nothing happened the steering wheel tilt use to move when i stick the key in now it doesnt and also the door locks doesnt work at all not even from the inside switches but the key remote still opens the trunk and makes noise when i press it any help would be great thanks

• 4 months later...
k well i have a 1998 ls400 just bought it to weeks ago tonight i went to eat so i locked it came out try'd to unlock it. nothing happened the steering wheel tilt use to move when i stick the key in now it doesnt and also the door locks doesnt work at all not even from the inside switches but the key remote still opens the trunk and makes noise when i press it any help would be great thanks

This EXACT problem has occurred on my '99LS today. I have check all fuses to no avail. Any ideas/suggestions????

Bump !!!!

I'm pretty sure your key has some kind of computer chip inside. It doesn't seem as if the computer is getting a signal from the chip in the key. I'd try using a can of air (the compressed kind for computers) and blowing out the keyhole. It might only have a timy piece of lint or something over the sensor contact. Probably won't work but it is still worth a try.