Oem Lexus Ls430 Windshield

rd92171

Hi

I am new to this form and need some help. I own a 2001 LS430 with the Ultra Luxury package. There is a minor crack on the front windshield. Is there any difference between the quality and construction of a lexus OEM windshield and an aftermarkrt windshield.

Also does anyone know of any Lexus dealers that discount OEM parts vis the internet.

• 6 months later...

I'm new to this forum, so maybe this topic was adequately addressed already. I replaced the windshield on my '01 LS 430 with a non-OEM windshield. The glass is great, but the installer did a poor job of moving the rain sensor from the old windshield to the new one. It never worked, and in fact, started falling off. I took it back to the installer, who said that they only install glass and don't work on things attached to the glass. They said I needed to go to Lexus. Apparently the incorrect kind of glue was used to attach it. So at the next visit to the Lexus dealer, I asked them to fix it. They initially refused, saying I did not have a Lexus brand windshield and they don't work on non-Lexus parts. I argued that all they needed to do was to use the same glue that Lexus uses in the factory to reattach the sensor. They still balked, until I spoke to the manager. They reluctantly reattached the sensor. It is now solidly a part of the windshield, but does not perform anywhere near as well as on the original windshield. The moral of this story is that you need to verify with the installer of non-OEM parts that they will stand behind them and make them work BEFORE you let them do the actual work.

I'm sure there is some difference in quality, but Lexus windshields cost a small fortune -- $1200+. My windshield will get replaced with an aftermarket one when it needs to be done, $1,200+ for a windshield is nuts. It's actually, $1,443 at Park Place, and I'm sure there's some extra shipping involved for something this size: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...playCatalogid=0

Hi

I am new to this form and need some help. I own a 2001 LS430 with the Ultra Luxury package. There is a minor crack on the front windshield. Is there any difference between the quality and construction of a lexus OEM windshield and an aftermarkrt windshield.

Also does anyone know of any Lexus dealers that discount OEM parts vis the internet.

I just had our LS430 '04 windshield replaced. The insurance company refused to replace it with a Lexus brand. If I had insisited on Lexus I would have to pay $1200 "difference" I went with the after market. Safelite was the glass supplier and installer.

The windshield was replaced in less than 2 hours, great job, and sensor works fine!