Antifreeze Leak From Behind Engine

dude

You might have a blown head gasket.

Oil in coolant/coolant in oil?

Have a compression test done. If you aren't familiar with one, take it to a shop.

No There is no coolant in the oil, it appears to be dripping somewhere between the engiine and the fire block could it be a hose going to the heater core. There just is not enough room to look up in that area. If it were that how can you replace that hose?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this will help you. I replaced my water pump a few months ago, and on the backside of the water pump, there is a small rubber gasket behind there. If this has weakened, failed, or has gotten pinched from previous replacement, this would cause antifreeze to come out between the motor and transmission. I know from experience, it happened to me and I had to tear everything back down again. Maybe this is your problem! Check the other heater valve first.

• 2 weeks later...

my LS had this problem but i didnt spot it. i was having the transmission overhauled and my mechanic friend did it for free as part of the transmission job. but i think the part was like 50 or 60 bucks or something along the lines of that. but its up top and visable so it shouldnt cost all that much to replace.

my LS had this problem but i didnt spot it. i was having the transmission overhauled and my mechanic friend did it for free as part of the transmission job. but i think the part was like 50 or 60 bucks or something along the lines of that. but its up top and visable so it shouldnt cost all that much to replace.

I just spoke with BAP and Lexus and the heater control valve is 440 bucks, does anyone out there have a used heater control valve or any other suggestions on a replacement. :(

Are you sure its the heater control valve? Same thing my car was doing when the water pump i had installed a few days earlier failed. Its usually the seal between the engine and the output for the pump fails, requiring a new pump and timing belt while your in there. Cost me almost $900 at local toyota dealership(idiots Lithia toyota, medford oregon). I know for sure thats what it is especially if its coming from the rear engine area. Don't drive it! I did because toyota wouldn't tow it and now i have to change the main seal because it leaks due to heat expansion. Good luck, i recommend bitting the weenie and doing it yourself as the shops overcharge and put sub-par parts on the cars at incredible mark-ups.