2007 Es350 Black

Can anyone recommend a quality carnuba wax to use on a black 2007 ES350? I would prefer a paste over a liquid (just because I'm old school), but I'll use a liquid wax if it will work great. I have a detailer do a three step process (light compound, polish, then carnuba, and sometimes use a clay bar if needed) once or twice a year, but I'm looking for a great carnuba wax in between details. Also, if anyone knows of a wax (or maybe polish) that dimishes or removes swirl marks from black cars, please let me know. (I have a few minor swirl marks on the hood of the car, but they can only be seen in direct sunlight). Thanks.

(As crazy as I may sound, I would pay $50 for a wax if I knew it would work well and is durable, considering my car is black). My car takes the beating of all weather elements and I do not have the luxury to keep it in a garage, ugh. Rock salt is the worst :(

Can anyone recommend a quality carnuba wax to use on a black 2007 ES350? I would prefer a paste over a liquid (just because I'm old school), but I'll use a liquid wax if it will work great. I have a detailer do a three step process (light compound, polish, then carnuba, and sometimes use a clay bar if needed) once or twice a year, but I'm looking for a great carnuba wax in between details. Also, if anyone knows of a wax (or maybe polish) that dimishes or removes swirl marks from black cars, please let me know. (I have a few minor swirl marks on the hood of the car, but they can only be seen in direct sunlight). Thanks.

(As crazy as I may sound, I would pay $50 for a wax if I knew it would work well and is durable, considering my car is black). My car takes the beating of all weather elements and I do not have the luxury to keep it in a garage, ugh. Rock salt is the worst :(

Hey TeamO, look at this link in this forum: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=45222

It is all you would ever want to know about wax and cleaning, etc. I have a black ES 08 and I started this and hopefully it will help you. If you don't want to read it all...I recommend a sealant Ultima Paint Guard Plus over the carnuba wax but I have both. The wax I like is the P21S100% (or something like that...check the link). Good luck and hope the thread/topic I started helps you like it helped me. Warning though, I have spent hundreds of dollars!!!! You also can check people's pics of what it looks like. The Ultima Paint Guard Plus is soooo cool! It goes on in 15 minutes (the entire car) and no buffing away white dust. It just drys into a mirror finish.....you can get it on www.autopia.com (it may be autopia car care but google it and it will get you there...plus it is in the thread I linked you to above in this repyl). Good luck!!!!

Tks for the info. Did you ever use photoblocker on your license plate?

Hey TeamO, look at this link in this forum: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=45222

It is all you would ever want to know about wax and cleaning, etc. I have a black ES 08 and I started this and hopefully it will help you. If you don't want to read it all...I recommend a sealant Ultima Paint Guard Plus over the carnuba wax but I have both. The wax I like is the P21S100% (or something like that...check the link). Good luck and hope the thread/topic I started helps you like it helped me. Warning though, I have spent hundreds of dollars!!!! You also can check people's pics of what it looks like. The Ultima Paint Guard Plus is soooo cool! It goes on in 15 minutes (the entire car) and no buffing away white dust. It just drys into a mirror finish.....you can get it on www.autopia.com (it may be autopia car care but google it and it will get you there...plus it is in the thread I linked you to above in this repyl). Good luck!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a obsidian/black 09 ES. The dealer warned me about swirl marks if I use a buffer. I'm looking at using a wax-synthetic blend. I heard Meguiar's NXT is very good.

Do some research here. Swirl marks are caused by many things, the least of which is a buffer. A buffer used properly removes swirl marks.

Most swirling is caused by improper washing and drying technique.