Oem Tire Replacement Question

mikegbuff

Read through the other posts and didn't see a good answer to my specific question. I just bought an 04 IS300 with 23k miles. This is my first car with this type of tire/rim, so I came here looking for some tips after finding this through google. Two of the OEM tires were replaced with the same exact tire a few thousand miles ago (Bridgestone Potenza RE040). It's time to do the other two. I want something that looks similar and provides a fairly quiet ride. I drive 60 miles roundtrip to work, so I'm looking for a balance of something that looks nice (prefer not to be able to see the difference in the front and rear tires) but gives me some mileage for my $. I have a Discount Tire in my town and will probably go there unless there is a better place to go. Would you guys recommend going with the same tires? I would like to go with something cheaper if I do not compromise looks, smooth ride, or noise. I see plenty of tires on their site for about half the cost of the OEM tire. Please give any opinions and the tire model # so I can lookup prices and details.

Thanks for any help you can give.

post-42851-1234828666.gif

I normally only advise that you keep the tires matched. I know it may cost you a bit more, but maybe next time you can replace all 4 with a set lower on the budget pole. Or, get all new 4 tires now, as you said, they are about half of what 2 OEM tires cost.

I asked this once before with no reply. Simple question.. is it ok to go with a 225/45/17 in place of the stock 215/45/17. The tire I am looking at does not come in 215 but is available in 225. Ultra-High Performance Sport All Season Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. Thanks.

I asked this once before with no reply. Simple question.. is it ok to go with a 225/45/17 in place of the stock 215/45/17. The tire I am looking at does not come in 215 but is available in 225. Ultra-High Performance Sport All Season Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. Thanks.

Check out this calculator...it'll help you see if it is a significant difference