All Lexus Rx330 Owners

sonup2000

Cole - Sounds like a sharp car and a very good price. I'm working with Elizabeth at Longo (highly recommended) and she is hunting for a 4WD version of what you got - but without the badges. MSRP will be $46858 on that car and discount is very good too. Unfortunately, 4WD cars are rare in S. Calif and non-existant in SD. My kids like to ski in Big Bear and I figured I'd go for the 4WD. Haven't test drove one of those yet, however. Enjoy you car! SDGuy

• 2 weeks later...
Cole - Sounds like a sharp car and a very good price. I'm working with Elizabeth at Longo (highly recommended) and she is hunting for a 4WD version of what you got - but without the badges. MSRP will be $46858 on that car and discount is very good too. Unfortunately, 4WD cars are rare in S. Calif and non-existant in SD. My kids like to ski in Big Bear and I figured I'd go for the 4WD. Haven't test drove one of those yet, however. Enjoy you car! SDGuy

Bought my RX in August last year for $43k out the door in NJ. It has the Performance Package (Variable height suspension, adaptive headlights, 18" polished graphite wheels), backup camera, navigation system, rain sensing wipers, trailer package.

Sounds like up to 10% off MSRP is actually possible then. Can anyone PM me with a S. Calif dealer/salesperson to contact? Thanks! SDGuy

Yes the 10% off rule works good in southern Calif. Example: if the factory sticker (MSRP) price is $46,000 multiply that by 0.90 = $41,400 = selling price.

Longo Lexus has an excellent selection and inventory, but is the least likely dealer to give a good discount compared to dealers out toward the western end of LA and up towards Valencia or southward down towards Torrance.

As a starting point, get a quote from autobytel.com or carsdirect.com so you know what a decent price is then spend a day or two visiting dealers until you find the exact car and color you want and ask them to match the autobytel.com or carsdirect.com price which is typically 10% off factory sticker.

Hi. The price was right through Longo Internet sales, but they didn't have a loaded AWD vehicle in a light color. In fact no one did when I called around. I then test drove an Infiniti FX35 and loved the way it drove. I wound up getting it -see pic. I know, heresy, but the handling and performance was definitely sportier on the FX. It doesn't have the plush interior with wood steering wheel, but the engine sound, cornering and shifting was a lot more aggressive. The thing that had me a tiny bit bummed about the RX was that the transmission didn't seem to know which gear to go into after an agressive turn. The FX excels is this department.

Anyway, don't look down if you can't stand the styling of an FX :) Best regards and thanks to all for the comraderie on this board, Howard

fx35sdguy1.jpg

Thats just like my parent's, exact same color. What color is the interior?

I too really liked the RX330 when I drove the loaners I get from Lexus, but once behind the wheel of their FX35, theres no comparison in my mind. The FX is a sports car with cargo room it really is. I'd love to have one. They love theirs, we all went skiing in it a couple weeks ago and all 4 of us with all our stuff and two sets of skis (my mom and my fiancee dont ski) on a ski holder on the rack we were very comfortable. Its an awesome vehicle it really is, hope you're happy with it ;)

My fiancee however prefers the RX330, and I have to agree with her on a few points, the RX has a lot more room, lots of fun cubby holes and such. To me the styling and the drive of the FX outweighs those concerns, but if you have a family I can definately see how the RX would have its points.

Don't be a stranger on the board! Owners of all makes and models are welcome here ;)

I have been driving a brand new 3,000 mile FX 35 for over a month now (rental while I wait for the 330 to be built/delivered.) I concur the handling and hp is "most excellent"; however, to compare the 330 and the FX35 is apples and oranges.

The FX's tranmission/rear combo cant quite handle the hp (SLOW shifting, hangs between gears etc, and is MUCH worse in the snow/slush and ice than a RX....this I know, drove both in 4 inch slushy conditions.) The rear window visibility is very poor in comparison to the RX, and the cargo area is not as long nor convenient.

That said, I will readily admit I do enjoy driving the FX every day to and from work. Simply put, its a bachelor's ride with guts and JUST enough creature comforts to keep me renting it til the end of Feb when my RX is ready (hopefully). I think I like it because it reminds me of a Maxima/what a Maxima SUV would be like (in suspension/handling/pick up) and its pep akin to an old 318 Charger I used to have.

I do wish Lexus would have upped the hp in the RX a bit, but again, its made to be smooth, cater to a family (if need be) not tear up the roadways.

330 gone, You are in a unique position to get to compare vehicles over an extended period of time. You make some good points, yet I personally put the two cars in the same class - "non off-road, luxury, mid sized, car-like SUV's". But if I had an RX and FX parked outside each morning I think I'd pick the FX regularly. That's what makes the world go round I suppose. I've owned a couple of Z's and Maximas and I agree - great engineering. I also currently own a RAV4 and I love its simplicity and handling too. Two cars ago I had a Porsche 996 which I sold to get a Mercedes 430CLK cab. I sold the Mercedes to get the FX and I think I'm through with Mercedes and Porsches for good. Too much money for too mediocre a package. The Japanese cars are so darn good and pretty trouble free considering all the gadgetry.

SWO3ES - the interior is called Willow - kind of a beige leather. Here is a link to some more pics with some interior shots:

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95

330- I agree with your assessment, I can only compare the FX to my Explorer and my parent's old Sequoia in the snow but the FX does well, I've heard the wheel tire package makes a difference, the 20s break into the snow capacity (they have the 18s). My dad drives it to work when its snowing instead of his LS430 and he loves it, it got us all up the snowy moutain roads a couple weeks ago with no problems at all. To me though its like choosing a sports car over a sedan, sure you make sacrifices, but you get all those thrills and grins. The RX330 isn't designed for grins, the FX is. Its a family vehicle the dad would actually drive happily, I think thats really really cool.

SD- Theirs has the black interior, they chose between it and the Willow, my dad really likes black interiors. The willow looks great though. Have you checked out www.freshalloy.com? They have a bigger set of FX forums.

Its funny because my fiancee doesn't particularly like it, she likes the RX330. And we're planning on having a family here in a few years after we get married and she's the kind of girl that would rather die than submit to driving a minivan, and me, no way either so we're really going to have a problem unless we want three cars. Its like I said to her, if we get something like the FX as a family vehicle, I'd gladly drive it. Wouldn't be the case for the RX but thats just me...