2001 Es300 - No Power At All

Hey guys. I have a problem with my wife's 2001 ES300. I went on a trip for two weeks and when I returned my wife told me that the car wouldn't start and had been sitting in the drive way the whole time. I figured that she had left something on and killed the battery. I tried to jump it but got no power at all. I bought a new battery thinking it was it but it still has no power. I checked the fuses and made sure the car was in park. I have never seen this happen to a car before. It's too dark to do anything else tonight and I don't think I can pull codes without any power. Prior to this we have had no problems at all with this car. I drove it a few days before I left. Any suggestions?

wow, did you measure the voltage on the battery, check the connectors, check the connectors ....... mine did the same thing, it was not the actual batter connector, but where the wires attached to bttery connector...there was a little bit of corrosion on them......that solved the problem, also Lexus says that if you leave the car unused, turn off the wireless door system to keep from killing the battery..... its right in the OM...good luck

Capn

wow, did you measure the voltage on the battery, check the connectors, check the connectors ....... mine did the same thing, it was not the actual batter connector, but where the wires attached to bttery connector...there was a little bit of corrosion on them......that solved the problem, also Lexus says that if you leave the car unused, turn off the wireless door system to keep from killing the battery..... its right in the OM...good luck

Capn

Thanks I'll check it tomorrow after work. I didn't notice any corrosion but I was also using a flashlight.

...check the connectors, check the connectors ....... mine did the same thing, it was not the actual batter connector, but where the wires attached to bttery connector...there was a little bit of corrosion on them......that solved the problem...

Just fixed it it was the corrosion on the bottom of the connector where it meets the wire. Thanks.

...check the connectors, check the connectors ....... mine did the same thing, it was not the actual batter connector, but where the wires attached to bttery connector...there was a little bit of corrosion on them......that solved the problem...

Just fixed it it was the corrosion on the bottom of the connector where it meets the wire. Thanks.

Congrats!

:cheers:

That is great info for the next guy with this issue. Thanks for updating!