New Gs - Wow

its another lexus forum thats not even a little bit as good as this one! ;)

i cant believe they had to ban someone over that!lol there a mess!

ah we're not all bad over there but ya it happens, but mayb u didn't c that kid was curing and also fighting with the moderator in the post instead of pm so he did deserve it in a way but it was kinda quick.. the car has a boxy rear which i don't like too much...and i hate the tails, i miss the quad taillight set up that made this car different imo

No I agree, the guy over at CL was asking for it, but here he would have recieved a warning, three warnings and he'd be banned. We believe that everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. What I dont like about CL is you make a moderator or an admin mad, and you may as well pack your bags. They have a "you should thank God you're allowed to be here" mentality that just isn't neccisary. I heard it straight from Ethan's mouth, they have a "ban first" policy. Meaning if they don't like you for whatever reason (even if you dont break any rules, Ethan told me this also) they ban you and never even tell you about it or attempt to contact you. They ban people just because they don't "fit in" (he told me this also). Unless you have over 3000 posts and/or are a premium paid member, your future at CL is not secure. Get in an argument with the wrong person, and you're gone.

Its a nice site, but I'm very happy to have the chance to work to make a home for Lexus owners where they can feel comfortable and feel welcomed. You dont have to thank us for the right to be here. I'm OVERJOYED to present Lexus enthusiasts with an alternative.

Not to say CL is bad or their members are bad, a lot of our members are members there and they (including you blue) are all great people. I just really don't like the way the place is run. They have lost all perspective that its about INCLUSION not EXCLUSION. Bringing Lexus owners together, not segregating the ones away that you feel "don't mesh". Apparently lots of other people feel the same way, explains why our membership increases more every month then theirs.

<_< You Know, it's interseting that the more things change, the more things get copied. The new GS for 06 looks like an Altima. The rear end has lost its distinction and the front looks like "every car". The uniqueness that has been the GS is gone with this new model. The reason the current GS has worn so well is because there is NOTHING that it lookes like. The new GS looks like a bunch of things, none of which I consider breaking new ground.

I've heard plenty of people say the current GS looks like a bunch of other cars. Fact is, there are SO many cars on the market, its damn near impossible to make something that isn't going to resemble another car in some way unless you make something so radical no one will want to drive.

Wait until you see the new GS in person, it'll grow on you.

• 2 weeks later...
LOL, everybody thinks their model is the best. Trust me, car comes out it'll be a resounding success ;)

True that...

I remember when the 2nd gen GS hit the streets, I didn't like it at all.. Now I think it's one of the hottest cars out there.. I'm sure the 3rd gen is gonna be the same way with other people.. But as for me I like it and can't wait to trade mine in..

Also, I don't remember where I read it but I was under the impression that they were staying with a 3.0L not a 3.3 or 3.5......

Nope Toyota is completely dropping the inline 6. All the 6 cyl. models are going to be the 3.3.

I thought the same about the new ES, but now I think its one of the best looking sedans around. Lexus styling grows, which in a way is better than it looking amazing at first, that initial lust fades and you're left with a design thats ho-hum, like the new E Class or the S Class. The GS still looks great today, the slowly warming styling works out for them.

the new design does look very nice, but as mentioned a couple posts ago, its looking like the nissan line up. they should keep there signature dual independant taillights.

i wonder if they will come up with a convertable series, like the new 6 series by BMW,

as far as trading the older style GS series, i dont think they will give much money for it since when ever there is a major body change, all resale values drop like a rock and we get screwed, thats just my 2 cents, correct me if im wrong. :whistles:

Sorry guys... but being from maxima.org alot and looking at the newer maxima... I see alot of similarities. I think it looks alot like the new maxima. The older style looks unique, This whole new body shape is taking on the effects that the newer maxima has... Just my honest opinion.

brandon

Sorry guys... but being from maxima.org alot and looking at the newer maxima... I see alot of similarities. I think it looks alot like the new maxima. The older style looks unique, This whole new body shape is taking on the effects that the newer maxima has... Just my honest opinion.

brandon

That's okay... A few months ago I was at Town Fair Tire getting some new tires and some guy came up to me and asked me if my GS was the new Altima or something.. Man talk about being offended... :huh:

I think the car looks pretty good. I would imagine in some different colors it would looks good. They just did the styling similar to the BMW in the sense that they look more futuristic. I personally agree with SpectraBlue:

Bring me a GS500 with all wheel drive, a sequential manual transmission, and heads up display then I will get interested!

That would be an amazing vehicle.

I personally feel that the style will grow. It did lose that unique look with the bubble headlights. I wonder if it has the revolving headlights like the new ls.

• 1 month later...

Actually, as far as the motor is concerned, it is a good bet that it will be the

4.0-liter DOHC 24-valve EFI VVT-i V6

245 hp @ 5,200 rpm/282 lb.-ft. @ 3,800 rpm,

from the 4runner.

I mean, who would want a 2006 GS powered by a

3.0-liter DOHC

24-valve VVT-i V6

210 hp @ 5,800 rpm

220 lb.-ft. @ 4,400

Camry motor? :blink:

Nothing like getting passed by the soccer mom. :blushing: lol

Naa, Lexus isn't going to use a truck motor.

All sources point to the 3.3 liter V6 being the new powerplant for the GS3 and the IS (the engine in the Camry, ES, RX, Highlander, Sienna, Avalon) with HP in the 240-250 range.

B) I am so happy with my 98 GS , love the style and hate to see it go , I think the new front end looks like an acura [ i'm blind in one eye and i can't see out of the other one ] but if it came my way i would have three lexus instead of two.

that reply just total flew by me,

it does look like every other make out there but its still a lexus and i think its still better quality, and design then the rest. there are similarities, but it also has its distinctive looks,

kinda euro, jap, sporty combo :cheers:

And what car doesn't share a resemblence to another car somewhere, you can only be so original with the exact same basic design (3 box, hood, passenger compartment, trunk).

I absolutely love the current GS look and I will hate to see it go. I agree with what has been said about the comparison with the new Nissans. The '05-'06 GS looks strikingly similar to the new Maxima - so much so that I am turned off by it in the pictures.

I don't think that Lexus had any intention of copying Nissan's design, but I wouldn't want to pay $50K to drive a car that could be mistaken as a Maxima at first glance. It will be even worse when the Maxima blows the Lexus off the line since it's lighter and has a more powerful engine.

I wish that they had kept the rounded headlights. Even though this idea was borrowed from Mercedes' E Class, it really looked good on the GS and gave it a unique appearrance from the other Lexus models and their swooping lights.

In new car design in general (with the exception of Mercedes), it seems that rounded curves are giving way to blocky angular design. I don't particularly care for this, but I am not a designer so what do I know?

I'll have to wait and see it in person. Regardless, I'm sure it will be an excellent car and far superior to the Maxima. Besides, it could never be as ugly as the new BMWs.

Actually the GS had quad headlamps before the E Class.

As I've said before, wait and see one in person ;) Lexus always look better in person. I've heard this about every new model, INCLUDING the current GS and the tunes always change.

As for the Maxima blowing the GS off the line, again, wait and see the real production car and see what kind of power/transmission it has.

Like you though I'm not thrilled with a lot of the new designs that are coming out...